Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20809 Discussions

Intel Arc Control Assist - High CPU and Memory Leak

Splitframe
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently on Windows 11 22H2 22621.2283 with Arc Control 31.0101.4824 (please make that selectable/copyable).

Since the Windows update yesterday the Intel Arc Control Assist takes 20% CPU and memory usage climbs until the system crashes.

A reinstall and wiping of my profiles did not alleviate this issue.
As a side note it would also be nice if Arc updates don't reset the overlay/notification settings. That's annoying.

Video: Intel Arc Control Assistant High CPU & RAM 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zonther
Beginner

I don't know if the update driver came out after this post but driver 101.4826 seem to fix the problem with a clean install.

I had to go to Intel's Arc driver page and download the "Latest WHQL Certified Game On Drivers". 

No DDU required. I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
davidmalko87
Beginner

Try to disable Intel Arc from booting in Windows Task Manager. It seems works for me

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Splitframe,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I understand how annoying is to have memory leak with Intel® Arc™ Control, I will be happy to help you.  

Intel is aware of the issue, and we are working really hard to solve it as soon as possible.

For now, there is a workaround you can find it below:

1. Uninstall driver 31.0.101.4824 using DDU
  2. Install driver 31.0.101.4676 which includes the previous version of Intel Arc Control (1.71). 
  3. Perform a custom installation of driver 31.0.101.4824 unchecking the Arc Control installation option. This will keep the previous version (1.71) of Arc Control. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Zonther
Beginner

I don't know if the update driver came out after this post but driver 101.4826 seem to fix the problem with a clean install.

I had to go to Intel's Arc driver page and download the "Latest WHQL Certified Game On Drivers". 

No DDU required. I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Splitframe,

Were you able to perform the clean installation to graphics driver version 31.0.101.4824?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Splitframe,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Splitframe,

Before closing this thread, I want to let you know that a fix for this issue was introduced in Arc Control version 1.73.5335.2 included in driver 31.0.101.4826. Download and install it.

If, after installing driver 4826, you still see Arc Control version 1.73.5334.1:

1. Clear your browser cache.
  2. Re-download driver 31.0.101.4826.
  3. Re-install driver 31.0.101.4826.

Please let me know the results and graphics card model.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Splitframe
Beginner

The latest driver did indeed solve the memory leak problem.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Splitframe,

Thank you for your answer and for keeping me informed.

Happy to hear that the issue was fixed by updating the graphics driver to the latest version, for now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
johnatrott
Beginner

Installing that new driver  31.0.101.4826. seems to have cured my similar problem - thank goodness.

0 Kudos