Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20642 Discussions

Intel Arc & Iris XE Graphics

Jaydeloach26
Beginner

To whom it may concern, I am having trouble updating my Graphics driver on my Windows 11 HP Pavilion x360 Convertible laptop so i can play Call of duty Modern warfare online. Each and every time i log onto a server, my laptop screen crashes/freezes and i receive errors stating that my Graphics drivers are out of date and I do not have the required graphics to play the game. I updated my graphics to the most current driver but I'm having trouble downloading and installing the Intel Arc & Iris XE Graphics necessary to play the game. I can't download and install any AMD or Nvidia graphic drivers because my system isn't compatible with those drivers

System information:

OS NAME: Microsoft windows 11 home Version 10 build 22621

System SKU: 35M45UA#ABA

System processor: 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1125G4 

Adapter Type: Intel UHD Graphics family, Intel Corporation 

System Type: x64- based PC

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

Hi@Jaydeloach26

You can follow these step-by-step guide to help you resolve the graphics driver issue on your HP Pavilion x360 Convertible laptop:

Visit the HP Support website and enter your laptop's model number to find the latest drivers specifically for your system. HP often provides customized drivers that are optimized for their laptops. You can use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant tool to automatically detect and update your graphics driver to the latest version compatible with your system.
Ensure that your laptop meets the minimum graphics requirements for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The game requires at least NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950. Your laptop's Intel UHD Graphics may not meet these requirements, which could be why you're experiencing crashes.

If your laptop meets the minimum requirements, try lowering the game's graphics settings to reduce the load on your GPU. Make sure your Windows 11 is up to date, as updates can include important driver updates and performance improvements.

If you have the correct driver but still face issues, try running the game in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows. Adjust the Intel Graphics settings for optimal performance. You can access these settings by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting Intel Graphics Settings. Ensure your laptop is adequately cooled. Overheating can cause crashes and freezes during gameplay.

If after following these steps you still can't update to the necessary Intel Arc & Iris XE Graphics drivers, or if your system isn't compatible with the game's graphics requirements, you might need to consider playing the game on a system with a dedicated GPU that meets the game's requirements. note, integrated graphics like Intel UHD are typically not designed for high-end gaming and may not support the latest games at optimal performance levels.

Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos