Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

Intel Automtic Display Resolution

Abahnasey
Beginner

I’ve a machine working with intel UHD 630 windows 10 latest build.

I’ve an issue with connected display it tells that the frequency and resolution  are not supported when I connect a secondary display and adjust the resolution and frequency it works fine.

Once I disconnect the secondary display the resolution reverts back and the main display disappears.

Is there anyway to force the graphics display unit not to change neither the resolution nor the frequency to higher resolution and make changes to resolution and frequency manual only.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Abahnasey, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

For this scenario and in reference to your inquiry, it is important to mention that the selectable resolutions on your computer depend on both the computer configuration and the resolutions supported by the monitor or display. Based on the picture you shared, it seems the monitor you are using has a hardware limitation which means that the maximum resolution supported that will be usable on that device is 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz.

To answer your question about forcing the resolution and frequency not to change automatically and just manually, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

What is the model of the monitors? Please specify which is the primary and which is the secondary display.

Was this specific machine with that same primary monitor working fine before without showing the resolution and frequency problem that you are describing?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Abahnasey, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Dear Abahnasey

We trust you are well.

Since we haven't received a response from you, we'll be concluding this conversation thread. Should you require further assistance or have any more questions, please don't hesitate to initiate a new inquiry, as we won't be actively monitoring this thread any longer.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos