Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Driver Support Assistant Scan Message: 'No Configuration Data'

OldWin7ProUser

February 3, 2023

Hello Intel Customer Support,

Today I installed the Intel Driver Support Assistant software tool version 22.8.50.7 on my Toshiba laptop. I was unable to successfully scan my hardware due to the following message:

No Configuration Data

There was no internet available during program startup on February 3, 2023 at 12:48. Please refresh the page to try again.

(see attached .png file)

My operating system is: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

I am using Firefox web browser version 109.0.1

The add-on extension Adblock Ultimate has been disabled.

Obviously if I was able to get to the website to perform the system scan my internet service had to be up and running. Any suggestions to fix this problem are appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello OldWin7ProUser,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I understand that you are experiencing issues with the Intel® DSA.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Provide me with the Intel® DSA folders. Here is an article that shows two methods to obtain them. Once you locate them, compress (zip) the folder and share it with us.
  • Also, create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
OldWin7ProUser

Monday, February 6, 2023, 3:23pm est

Hello Jean_Intel,

I have followed your instructions and will include the files requested. Please note two of the DSA sub-folders were empty (i.e., "Data" and "Downloads").

Thank you for taking the time to help me,

OldWin7ProUser

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello OldWin7ProUser,

Thank you for the information provided. 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello OldWin7ProUser,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

After researching this matter, I would like to recommend the following:

• Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show the status of Running.
    • In Windows* Search, type Services, and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
  • Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start.
  • Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending.
  • Restart the system.

These are additional steps that can be taken if the Intel® DSA scan still isn't working correctly.

• Clear the browser cache and close the browser.
  • Try rescanning Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), using another browser Chrome, or Edge Legacy.
  • Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy-related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage.

If this doesn't result in the Intel® DSA scan working correctly, try the following:

If the issue persists, note that When Intel® DSA cannot detect your device, it's due to the following reasons:

• You have an older component.
  • Your component is discontinued or isn't supported.

Also, it is important that most of your components are discontinued. If you are looking to update your Laptop drivers, please refer to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to get customized drivers. Intel® DSA only offers generic Intel® drivers.

For more information refer to the following article Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Results in “Sorry, Something Went Wrong While Trying to Scan” or Endless Scan

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
OldWin7ProUser

February 7, 2023  3:05pm est

Dear Jean_Intel,

I tried all the suggestions you offered however I had no success.  I have used the Driver Support Assistant on another laptop with Windows 10 and it works fine. 

You wrote that older Intel components may be the reason and that appears to be the case.

Thank you for all your efforts,

OldWin7ProUser

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello OldWin7ProUser

Thanks for your response.

As you mentioned, it seems that the issue is due to the hardware being discontinued.

Remember that if you are looking to update your Laptop drivers, please refer to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to get customized drivers. Intel® DSA only offers generic Intel® drivers.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.