Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant resulting in an endless scan?

devnullius
New Contributor I

Even after re-installing the IDSA tool, I still can't use it to find new drivers. The webpage for it just results in an endless scan...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

Thank you for sharing your files and for your patience in this matter.

Our Developer team has reviewed them and this is a known issue that will be addressed in our upcoming driver release at the end of January. You should be able to successfully re-scan after that update. Details will be posted in our Community Announcements at https://community.intel.com.

Having said that, we will close this inquiry now. Please kindly wait and check for the new release and if the issue continues after the new release launches, please create a new inquiry or contact us directly through phone or chat using the following link: Contact Intel® Support >> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

23 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The endless scan was caused by a server issue - one that was fixed early today - so you should be able to use it successfully now.

...S

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In case you haven't try yet, we recommend going through the following steps:

• Ensure you are using a supported browser (Chrome*, Firefox* or Edge*).
  • Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) scan page. With the Intel® DSA code, this acts as a complete “start over” for the service.
  • If the system is powered on and running 24/7, try to reboot it.
  • Try uninstalling (the normal way through Windows* Add/Remove programs) and then reinstalling Intel® DSA latest version 20.11.50.9
  • Please also check the Frequently asked questions about the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant for additional information and suggestions.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

1- Screenshots showing the behavior/error messages:

2- What browser are you using and version number or build number:

3- Do you have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking)?

4- Are you a home user? If yes, what is the brand and model of the router?

5- Do you have security or anti-virus software installed, if yes, please provide details.

6- Are you on a company network?

7- Please attach all the Intel® DSA files zipped from the following 2 folders (not just .log files but all the files in the folder):

• C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA 
  • C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\

NOTE: the ProgramData folder may be hidden by default so you may need to un-hide it to view the Intel® DSA log files. Instructions to un-hide are: > File Explorer > View > Show/Hide: check the box for "Hidden Items".

8- If this issue started after an update of Intel® DSA, please provide the "DSAUninstaller.log" file. You can find the location of the log file in Windows* File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log and please be sure to provide the most recently dated log.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello devnullius

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

Thank you very much for your response.

We would like to provide you with further assistance regarding this behavior. Could you please provide the information requested in our previous post from December 14th so we can check this further?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If you do, please kindly provide the information requested in our post from December 14th so we can check this further.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I

The problem resolved itself automatically when I installed a SECOND VPN program... I did not touch the first one (though with the old SA scan problem I did remove my VPN), just installing a 2nd one suddenly had the driver update tool working - EVEN when connected to my old VPN.

does Intel's tool care if I have a VPN? What's happening there?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

Thank you for your response. We are glad to know that the issue has been solved.

Regarding your concerns (the behavior and/or impact with the VPN software) it is always recommended to check with the Software vendor as different software may apply different rules or filters to access resources on the Internet.,

However, would like to take a look into this behavior. For that, we would need you to provide us with all the Intel® DSA files (the ones requested in a previous post), Intel® SSU report, if possible screenshots of the error message, etc.; so we can review this better.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

devnullius
New Contributor I

Appreciated!

7- Please attach all the Intel® DSA files zipped from the following 2 folders (not just .log files but all the files in the folder):

• C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA 
  • C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\

Currently, the scan tool hangs again. I am connected with my Old VPN and I attached the requested files. I'll reply results after I test some more with the VPN settings and when the scan will work. Last time the scan tool found an update for my video (igfx_win10_100.9079.exe, Dec. 29th) - I had no more problems with video after installing that one.

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I

I closed the old VPN. I exited the support assistant program and closed the tab. I removed all

• C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\* 

files not in use.

Scanning tool still hangs after I started the support assistant program again. See attachment (only the logs folder still exists, nothing else has been recreated)

Next I'll start the New VPN connection.

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I

I connected with the New VPN (Old VPN is disconnected) and restarted the scan tool. Now, 2 more folders are created (Downloads and Data\*). 

The status of the scan tool icon says my system is up to date. I started the scan tool (website) again to check for new drivers: see if it will finish the scan online too.

Update: the online scan still hangs... 😞 See attachment for the latest logs.

Next step: disconnect both VPNs, then start the old one AND then the new one (I think that was what worked the last time). Till reply 🙂

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I

Starting first Old VPN then also New VPN didn't help (see attachment). At one moment, it even kicked my internet offline. 

Either one of them OR both of them disconnected won't help. First starting the New VPN and then also the Old VPN again disconnects me from the internet (and vice versa).

So... The mystery deepens. Again I find myself unable to scan. I suppose the next step would be to remove both VPNs... I'd rather hold off on that though 🙂

See logs!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

Thank you very much for all the logs provided. Please allow us to look into this and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as we have more details available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

devnullius
New Contributor I

I removed both VPNs. I still can't get the scan to finish. I tried with 2 Edge browsers but nothing. New logs are attached.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

Thank you for sharing your files and for your patience in this matter.

Our Developer team has reviewed them and this is a known issue that will be addressed in our upcoming driver release at the end of January. You should be able to successfully re-scan after that update. Details will be posted in our Community Announcements at https://community.intel.com.

Having said that, we will close this inquiry now. Please kindly wait and check for the new release and if the issue continues after the new release launches, please create a new inquiry or contact us directly through phone or chat using the following link: Contact Intel® Support >> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius

We would like to update this thread just to provide more details. A new driver Release will fix this at the end of the month. Please kindly watch the Community Announcements for the specific day it is released and then please re-try the scan.

The new version will be released next January 28th.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @devnullius and community members.

We would like to provide some clarifications regarding the coming release for Intel® DSA. As we previously mentioned, it will address the issue with the endless scan (original issue mentioned in the thread's title/first post). However, for this particular thread, VPN software was identified later to be involved in the issue/behavior.

Please note that the particular Intel® DSA problem when using VPN software is related to a known VPN issue. We have this on our roadmap to address but we do not have a date for that yet. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

devnullius
New Contributor I

Microsoft Defender didn't like your latest release but I got it installed 🙂

And it works like a charm once more - no updates found 🙂

Thanks!

0 Kudos
devnullius
New Contributor I
0 Kudos