Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20742 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant Download

MarkGrecko
Beginner

I have a peculiar issue with my MSI GF63 Thin 10SC. I have a graphics driver, bluetooth drive, and Wi-Fi driver available for download via Intel DSA. However, it never gets past the "starting" phase.

MarkGrecko_0-1687576901352.png

After a while, the download fails and it prompts me to download the drivers again.

MarkGrecko_1-1687577009434.png

I've tried restarting my computer, clearing browser cache, repairing DSA installation, uninstalling and reinstalling installation, going into Services and restarting both services, and restarting again. None of this has worked. 
How do i fix this ? :[

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @MarkGrecko

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with Intel Driver and Support Assistant, and I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Please make sure you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer) browsers.

Did you use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller? In case you did not, please follow this:

1.    Utilize Intel® DSA Uninstaller.

2.    Download the latest version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

3.    If an error message This feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable appears while installing the IDSA, proceed to step 4.

4.    Download the latest supported Visual C++ file using this link.

5.    Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

6.    Delete all the existing VC runtime.

7.    Re-install the latest supported Visual C++.

8.    Install the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

If this doesn't resolve the upgrade issue, assist our developers to improve the tool by sending more screenshots if you have a different error and the last DSAUninstaller.log (you can find the location of the log file in File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log. Be sure to send back the most recently dated log). You can send the files to us via an Intel Communities post.

Also in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,  

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @MarkGrecko

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with Intel Driver and Support Assistant, and I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Please make sure you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer) browsers.

Did you use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller? In case you did not, please follow this:

1.    Utilize Intel® DSA Uninstaller.

2.    Download the latest version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

3.    If an error message This feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable appears while installing the IDSA, proceed to step 4.

4.    Download the latest supported Visual C++ file using this link.

5.    Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

6.    Delete all the existing VC runtime.

7.    Re-install the latest supported Visual C++.

8.    Install the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

If this doesn't resolve the upgrade issue, assist our developers to improve the tool by sending more screenshots if you have a different error and the last DSAUninstaller.log (you can find the location of the log file in File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log. Be sure to send back the most recently dated log). You can send the files to us via an Intel Communities post.

Also in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,  

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MarkGrecko.

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Jean O.

0 Kudos