Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Centre OpenCL issues

DMWhite
Beginner

The Intel Graphics Command Centre application gets stuck on loading and after checking Event Viewer I noticed a critical error related to the module Intel_OpenCL_ICD64.dll.
Attached is the error log, as it is too long to send as text.

I have tried reinstalling IGCC and Intel OpenCL however it didn't change anything.

System specs:
Dell Latitude 7400
Windows 10 Enterprise
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
24GB DDR4 SDRAM

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @DMWhite  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. Happy new year! 

I understand that you have issues trying to launch the IGCC, I will do my best to assist you here. 

Have you tried these steps? Intel® Graphics Command Center Fails to Launch 

If so, please confirm the steps done and attach an Intel SSU report to have more information about your system: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

Happy new year to you too!

I have tried the steps however the error still persists.
Attached is the SSU report.

Best regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @DMWhite  

Thank you for your reply and the report provided. 

I noticed in the report provided that you have an older driver version, please update it to the latest version available from your System Manufacturer (30.0.101.1338). If it doesn't work, try the latest generic version from Intel (31.0.101.2125).  

Also, make sure to update your BIOS to the latest version (1.28.0)

If the issue persists, please attach a new SSU report so we can investigate further if needed. Make sure the report reflects the updates described in this post, so your system is up to date and we can investigate properly. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

I have updated my system BIOS to 1.28.0 and updated my graphics driver to 30.0.101.1338, however the IGCC error still persists.
Attached is the SSU report.

Best regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello DMWhite 

Thank you for following our steps.

Please answer the following:

·      Was it working before?

·      Did it happen after an update?

Please uninstall the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Then, download and install Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta).

In case the issue persists, please take a screenshot/picture and attach it here.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Jose,
The program has never worked for me since I first installed it.
I have also tried the beta version and I have the same issue.
There is not much for the screenshot to show. It gets stuck on this IGCC splash screen indefinitely.

Best regards,
Dan

unknown(1).png

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello DMWhite 

Thank you for your reply.

Please allow us to investigate the issue internally, we will post back as soon as we have any updates.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello DMWhite 

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Please update/reinstall .NET Framework. (For further instructions, please contact Microsoft).

Then, let us know the outcome.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Jose,
I already had .NET Framework 3.5 (including 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.8 installed so I tried updating and enabling all features of the framework, however it has made no difference.

Best regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello DMWhite 

Thank you for sharing the outcome with us.

Let us continue investigating, we will keep you updated.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner
Hi Jose,
Is there any update on this?

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello DMWhite 

Thank you for patiently waiting.

I sincerely regret this has taken more than usual, but we are still investigating this issue. We will have an update on this soon.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Have you got any more updates on this issue?

Best regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

I hope you are doing well. To give you an update regarding your case, please be advised that our debug team aren't able to reproduce the issue, even after disabling the OpenCL.dll files they're not sure about the root cause. For us to move forward, please try to install vcredist64 available here (it's 2015-2022 version). 

The Debug team also requested to check if other external graphics cards are disabled, and to check in C:\Windows\Dumps after the crash and in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports after the crash if there's additional files and data for us to check.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Jay,

I have just installed vcredist64.

No external graphics cards are present. I have also looked in those folders however they contain no items.

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

Thank you for sharing your findings. However, we will do further research and investigation on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

Please try to manually set Windows for crash dumps following the link below and if such file appear while IGCC will be loading and upload the results here.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps

Please test with dGPU disabled - OS boots with disabled dGPU and then perform tests.

1. Check if there are any crash dump created when the app is crashing / stuck. You can check C:\Windows\Dumps or C:\Windows\Minidumps
  2. Check C:\Windows\LiveKernalReports for any TDR dumps. If crash dumps are generated please share it with us here for analysis.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Jay,

I have done that and found a crash dump in %localappdata%\CrashDumps and error logs in %localappdata%\Intel\GCC.

Attached are the error logs. I cannot attach the crash dump as the file size is far too large (470MB), however the Exception Code listed is 0xC0000005 "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access."

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

Thank you for the update. Let me share this with the team and we will conduct further investigation on how we can move forward with your concern and post the update once available. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this one.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

We are currently reviewing your case with great attention. If it's convenient for you, could you please compress the dump file into a zip format and upload it to a public sharing service such as Google Drive, OneDrive, etc? This would greatly assist us in our analysis. Once you have done so, kindly share the link with us. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos