Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command Centre OpenCL issues

DMWhite
Beginner

The Intel Graphics Command Centre application gets stuck on loading and after checking Event Viewer I noticed a critical error related to the module Intel_OpenCL_ICD64.dll.
Attached is the error log, as it is too long to send as text.

I have tried reinstalling IGCC and Intel OpenCL however it didn't change anything.

System specs:
Dell Latitude 7400
Windows 10 Enterprise
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
24GB DDR4 SDRAM

0 Kudos
31 Replies
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Norman,

I've zipped and uploaded it to Google Drive. Here's the link to the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0bRxQmo9P11AZPyUT-GLvWsce31FhAB/view?usp=drive_link

Best regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

I greatly appreciate your prompt reply. Please be assured that we will conduct a thorough review of this matter and keep you informed of any relevant updates in this discussion thread as soon as possible

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

Our debug team has conducted a thorough investigation and, while we have not been able to replicate the issue, our analysis of the logs indicates a potential difficulty in retrieving system information during implementation. To address this, we recommend a clean installation of the drivers as the initial step. Should this not resolve the issue, the next course of action would be a clean installation of the operating system. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or require further clarification.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the recommendations I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Norman,

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and I noticed that when I uninstalled the Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver, IGCC worked. It was only when I installed the graphics driver that IGCC stopped working.

However just this morning I tried moving the OpenCL.dll file out of System32 and when I opened IGCC it worked just fine. It was only when I put OpenCL.dll back into System32 that it stopped working, so it seems as though the fault does lie with OpenCL.

Best Regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

I appreciate your prompt reply and the details you've shared. Could you please confirm whether a system reinstallation was carried out as well? 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
DMWhite
Beginner

Hi Norman,

As my system is managed by my organisation, I have been unable to carry out a full system reinstallation.

Best regards,
Dan

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

Thank you for your response and the information you provided. We will investigate this case further and post an update once it's available.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

After conducting a simulation using the same steps on our systems, we encountered no issues, which suggests that the problem may be specific to your setup. It's important to note that if the computer is managed by your company's IT department/organization, our ability to troubleshoot may be somewhat limited.

As a potential solution, we propose executing the following commands in a command prompt with administrative privileges, if you haven't already:

• sfc /scannow

• DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

These commands can help repair system files and restore system health, respectively.

If the issue persists, we advise consulting with your internal IT team to perform a comparative analysis between your computer and one with a fresh Windows installation, particularly focusing on how the Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) functions on both.

In some cases, reinstalling the Windows operating system may be the most effective course of action to resolve such issues. We recommend considering this as a last resort after exploring the aforementioned steps.

Thank you for understanding!

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the recommendations I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello DMWhite,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos