Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20809 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics: disables HDMI audio device when connected device off

LKerb1
Beginner

I have Win7 x64 running on ASRock B75M with Intel Celeron LGA1155 + integrated Intel HD Graphics + HDMI. I've installed the latest intel drivers for graphics and audio. But when the AVR isn't powered on the intel driver seems to notice that no device is connected over the HDMI output and it gets deactivated.

I've set screensaver to never start but this won't change anything. As soon as I power on the AVR which is connected over HDMI the HDMI audio device in Win7's sound settings gets enabled again. I set it as default and it is correctly activated.

How can I prevent the driver from disabling HDMI audio device? Is this related to any power saving setting? In the driver or BIOS? For example deep render standby?

appreciate your help

br

foo-on-air

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello foo-on-air,

Based on your description, I can say that this behavior is expected because the driver does not find an HDMI device connected because it is off and I am afraid to say that there is no way to change the settings in the driver.

0 Kudos
LKerb1
Beginner

That would be bad news. On my ati radeon 6 i don't have this problem. They apparently have solved it. Don't you see any way around?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello foo-on-air,

At this point, I will forward the feedback to the corresponding department for future considerations.

0 Kudos
LKerb1
Beginner

Hi kevin

I am afraid I am not willing to wait until someone considers to do something. I need to use my PC from now on.

It just happened that the Intel graphics+audio driver vanished completely. Not in any software I can select HDMI as output. There's is just a remote device availabe instead of the HDMI before. De- and re-installing didn't help.

The HD audio driver is listed in the device manager though:

location 3: 6.14.0.3097 intel display audio (intel igpu)

Any further ideas which help short-term? Despite abandoning Intel graphics?

0 Kudos