Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

Intel Iris XE graphic output not working properly

xSchizo
Novice
Hello people,

I have a Dell Precision 5570 notebook here with Core i7 12700H, 32GB DDR5, Intel Iris XE/RTX A1000 4GB, connected to a Dell WD22TB4 dock. I re-installed Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.2792), 3x Dell P2721Q 4K displays, connected with HDMI 2.1 and 2x DP 1.4, no adapters or adapter-cables.

I installed the driver version from dell website (31.0.101.4575). Every monitor got his 4K resolution, but then windows update comes up with driver version 31.0.101.4953 or even 31.0.101.4972. Then I don't get 4K on every display anymore. Only on one of the three. What is Intel doing there with the drivers!?

Any one an idea?

The notebook is definetly able ot run 3x 4K60Hz on a TB3/TB4 dock, since it once worked. We already stopped the deployment of any drivers from intel now, but it does not even work, when I turn back the iGPU driver.

The Iris XE and the notebook overall are doing 4K60Hz without problems, when the drivers are not screwed up.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xSchizo
Novice

Hello Jocelyn,

I managed to solve the problem, but at some point was kinda ... exhausted. The reason why this occured was the disabled DSC-function within the driver-key registry hive of the intel iris XE driver. 

Have you any idea why this came along with an update?

On the dell website I have the version 4575 for my device, where is also occured. 

I didn't found any kind of reason, why the DSC have been disabled from any update (not in release logs, not somewhere else).

So, in the end, I managed to solve it, but the reason it even happend, is not known. 

How to Enable Display Stream Compression on Latitude, Precision and XPS | Dell US

Cheerio

Henrik

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
xSchizo
Novice

Bump

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xSchizo 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are having issues with the resolutions, I will do my best to assist you here. 

Does this issue happen with a straight connection, without using any adapters or docking stations? 

Please be aware that Intel does not recommend using any kind of adapters and cannot guarantee 3rd party products/adapters will work as expected. You can check this information here and more tips to try to solve this issue: Using Video Cable Adapters, Splitters and/or Docking Stations in Computers not Manufactured by Intel 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xSchizo    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to check my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
xSchizo
Novice

Hello Jocelyn,

I managed to solve the problem, but at some point was kinda ... exhausted. The reason why this occured was the disabled DSC-function within the driver-key registry hive of the intel iris XE driver. 

Have you any idea why this came along with an update?

On the dell website I have the version 4575 for my device, where is also occured. 

I didn't found any kind of reason, why the DSC have been disabled from any update (not in release logs, not somewhere else).

So, in the end, I managed to solve it, but the reason it even happend, is not known. 

How to Enable Display Stream Compression on Latitude, Precision and XPS | Dell US

Cheerio

Henrik

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xSchizo 

Thank you for your reply. 

There are several codes included in an update and it can misconfigure depending on how your system is configured, but I am glad to hear that you were to find a solution for this. 

Since you have no more inquiries, this thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @xSchizo 

Thank you for your reply. 

There are several codes included in an update that can misconfigure depending on how your system is configured, but I am glad to hear that you were able to find a solution. 

Since you have no more questions, this thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need any more help, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Thank you very much for sharing your solution with the community. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos