Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20710 Discussions

Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics Family always reaches 100% without use or with little use

Danyy
Beginner

Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics Family always reaches 100% without use or with little use

The GPU always reaches 100% in 3D, slowing down everything, even with games that barely require graphics such as "Slime Rancher".

I switched to Windows 10 and the problem seemed solved the first day, the next day the same thing happened again.

It should be noted that an Intel HD Graphics 620 GPU works 200% better than the one mentioned, with the same activities.

I only noticed the problem when I started using the computer for leisure, trying to play video games, something I couldn't do since trying to do so slowed down the entire computer and produced great lag.

When looking for a cause I found this, the 3D graphics remained between 90% and 100% as soon as I opened the video games.

I must clarify that I had tried these same games on another computer with an integrated "Intel(R) HD Graphics 620" graphics card and fewer resources than the current computer has, and I was able to enjoy them comfortably.

The video games I tried and the respective places where I got them are:
Dying Light https://store.epicgames.com/es-ES/p/dying-light

Slime Rancher  https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/C2NC88M7NWZ1?ocid=pdpshare

The solutions I have tried are the following:
Update to the latest driver with the Intel Update Tool.
Changing the Windows 11 operating system to Windows 10 and updating the driver with the Intel tool.
And the last method tried was to uninstall the video drivers and install the ones provided by the equipment supplier.
These last two solutions worked on the day they were carried out, the graph worked correctly without reaching 100%, but in the following days the problem returned.
Currently I have not tried another solution for the problem.

I apologize for having to reopen this thread/discussion, my lack of response in the previous one was due to personal problems.

I attach the image of the first thread/discussion, the SSU report in English, and also a new report from the Intel driver assistant in English

@ACarmona_Intel 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Danyy

Thank you for coming back to us. You deserve a kudos for the troubleshooting steps you have taken . I just want to ask, when using Windows 11 is the same issue present? Are you also able to see any pending windows update in your system? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Danyy

Were you able to see my previous post? I just want to confirm this information before we proceed with other troubleshooting steps. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Danyy
Beginner

If the same problem occurs in Windows 11, hence the OS change

0 Kudos
Danyy
Beginner

Thank you, I did everything possible before contacting support to see if I could solve it, but I haven't been able to.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Danyy

Thank you for confirming. We will proceed in investigating this internally and give you an update on this thread as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Dany, 

Upon reviewing your logs, I noticed that you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer Device. Please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. I did notice several gaps between the latest generic driver and your current driver version which could be the reason for the high CPU utilization. However, since this is an OEM device, this might require specific driver configuration and as such we highly recommend installing the recommended driver from your system manufacturer instead. For this reason , I highly recommend reaching out to Bangho Support for the specific driver to be installed in your system. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Danyy
Beginner

I have installed the driver provided by the manufacturer but the problem also persists

0 Kudos