Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Intel(R) Iris(R) XE graphics does not support RF online

CombatForm
Beginner

Hi i really need help on this cause i love playing old MMORPG games. 

However, since i change my laptop using to ASUS Vivobook 14 that uses Intel Iris XE graphics, i encountered game crash every about 3-5mins after logging into the game. 

I found similar thread before, but it was unsolved. 
I have tried:

- clean driver installation to all type drivers that i able to install (arc version, etc)

- i tried to boost priority performance on task manager

- i tried to run compatibility on the app but the problem still occurs

one thing that i found a way is to disable intel iris n uses nvidia gt 630 (no crash or whatsoever but the fps is really due to it was old nvidia)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CombatForm, 

Thank you so much for posting in our Intel communities.

We understand that you are having an issue with your system, as when you play RF online, the game crashes.

In order for me to isolate the issue and provide you with the best solution, please provide the following information:

• Was the game working fine before?
  • Have you made any changes that led to the issue?
  • Is RF Online the only game that is having an issue? 
  • When the game crashes, are there any error messages before it closes?
  • I do not have sufficient details about your hardware and software configuration to help you. Please run the SSU report so I can check important details such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CombatForm
Beginner

Hi @ACarmona_Intel ! Thanks for responding to my thread

• Was the game working fine before? It's been crashing since day 1
  • Have you made any changes that led to the issue? i tried compatibility troubleshoot, boost priority performance & did clean driver installation n tried all drivers that i can install
  • Is RF Online the only game that is having an issue? i only try this game, so im not sure about other game
  • When the game crashes, are there any error messages before it closes? i attached video before, kindly check it

SSU report attached 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CombatForm, 

Thank you so much for the response.

Upon checking on your system specification it does not meet the game's system requirements.

The game minimum requirements for TOTAL VIDEO RAM must be 64 MB; on the other hand, Intel Iris XE TOTAL VIDEO RAM is only 128 bits.

For you to compare the game system requirements and the Intel Iris XE specification, just click the link below:

If you have any more questions or need clarification on anything, please let us know. We would be pleased to help.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CombatForm
Beginner

Hi @ACarmona_Intel 

Thanks for confirming

Is there any way to increase Iris XE total Video RAM? 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CombatForm,

Thank you so much for the response.

Based on my research, there is no way to preset your VRAM to a specific value; you can only limit the maximum memory that it can take. The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) does not have dedicated memory; it uses shared memory that will be allocated automatically depending on various factors. The option to adjust the maximum memory is usually available in the BIOS, but the setting may not be available for all systems.

For additional details, kindly click the following link:

Furthermore, we want to share with you some tips on how to get the best possible performance out of your game when using Intel graphics:

We hope that we have somehow helped you with the concern that we have. If you have any further questions, please let me know; we will be happy to help.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CombatForm,

We are checking in with you on the RF concern that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CombatForm,

We are checking in with you on the RF concern that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CombatForm,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos