Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20641 Discussions

Intel a580 doesn’t post

tanker
Beginner
My pc doesn’t post when I install the gpu but when I take it out the pc posts. I try to use this on another machine but any game i played was pretty much unplayable, anyways now I put it in a different system and it worked for a couple of minutes like 10 or 15 minutes then it froze the screen, so I shut it down and now it just won’t post with the gpu installed, and neither does the storage start reading. I’m about to throw this in the trash… unbelievable..
intel i3 7100
12gb ram
750w psu
B150 Asrock
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tanker,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

It might be possible that your A580 GPU is defective. However, there are other root causes that we can rule out first.

• Has this A580 GPU worked fine before? If yes, was there any recent change in hardware or software?
  • Can you test this GPU on another system? I suspect there might be a compatibility issue with the motherboard (AsRock B150 Chipset) since we don't have such old hardware in our list of supported hardware for this GPU (see configurations for Arc A-Series GPUs). Do you know if this motherboard has resizable BAR enabled?
  • Otherwise, I would also like to know the make and model of your power supply.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tanker,

We are checking in with you on the A580 issue to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate the issue.

• Has this A580 GPU worked fine before? If yes, was there any recent change in hardware or software?
  • Can you test this GPU on another system? I suspect there might be a compatibility issue with the motherboard (AsRock B150 Chipset) since we don't have such old hardware in our list of supported hardware for this GPU (see configurations for Arc A-Series GPUs). Do you know if this motherboard has resizable BAR enabled?
  • Otherwise, I would also like to know the make and model of your power supply.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tanker,

We are checking in with you on the A580 graphics issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Tanker,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos