Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20759 Discussions

Intel mobile series 4 and Windows 10

JJoha3
Novice

Hi,

Any indication of support for or compatibility with, for this combination?

I just installed Windows 10 and 'lo and behold, I am not getting a good resolution. My laptop (HP 2530p) has a reso of 1280x800. The only resolution I am given is 1024x768.

The thing identifies as "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)".

Driver is set to date of 11-3-2013 with version 8.15.10.2702.

Now perhaps it is relevant that my monitor is not recognised: "Generic PnP Monitor".

Okay and now the very weird thing is that suddenly, it *does* work. I haven't noticed changing anything. I tried Intel's Driver Update utility, but it would only find stuff starting from series 6. Somewhere along the ride of trying to change drivers it changed? I didn't even notice, but at first the text was more blurry.

Anyway so I will just confirm for now that my combination of Intel 4 Series Chipset Boards *does* work with Windows 10 .

4 Replies
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello JohnD2

Could you please confirm your processor Model?

Please take into consideration the Monitor drivers should be installed in order to ensure appropriate functionality of the Intel® HD Graphics drivers.

Additionally, based on the availability of Graphics Drivers for Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81507/Graphics-Drivers-for-Mobile-Intel-4-Series-Express-Chipset-Family Intel® Download Center

I can confirm the supported Operating Systems are Windows* XP, Windows Vista* , Windows Server* 2003 , Windows Server* 2008, and Windows 2000*

Regards,

Caesar B.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

0 Kudos
JJoha3
Novice

My processor model for this laptop is Intel Core 2 Duo L9400. Running at 1.86 Ghz.

Yes I have tried to find some monitor inf file but the HP supplied drivers (which is quite a lot, on their website) do not supply it, apparently.

Although perhaps they could be included with a custom GPU driver package, not sure.

Nevertheless, I have no issues at this point. The driver used for this Mobiel 4 series chip is the same as the one used for Windows 7 - at least the same version numbering. So apart from the oddity at the start (which I don't understand) I have no issues atm in Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

The Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family is not compatible with Windows® 10. Please check the link below and look for Legacy Intel® Graphics Products and then look for Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

0 Kudos
JJoha3
Novice

Thanks. But it works fine (now) in Windows 10 and it also has a driver in Linux that apparently functions well (although some people in Linux want to make me believe that it might not run all that well). I have been using this "series 4" in Linux for at least 6 months without any real problems.

But I can't find any information on it now.

0 Kudos