Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Intel times out when updating drivers.

Williamav
Beginner
Every single time there is an update to the drivers after it installs the next time it is checking for updates it times out. I love done the driver Uninstall per Intels instructions but am I going to have to do this every time there is an update to the drivers?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Williamav.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

It's understandably inconvenient to have to do this every time there's an update.

Updated drivers enable the utilization of new programs and hardware, while also potentially resolving issues and bugs. It's advisable to update your drivers under the following circumstances: when acquiring a new device, encountering error messages prompting driver updates, or experiencing hardware-related problems.

Conversely, updating drivers may not be necessary if your system functions properly or if you encounter no issues with system speed. Updated drivers do not inherently enhance the performance of sluggish computers, especially if specific drivers tailored to your device are already installed, and newer drivers may be generic in nature.

Regarding graphics driver updates through Intel Arc Control, please note that by default, Intel® Arc Control will automatically notify you of new driver updates, and these updates will occur according to the day and time configured in the Scheduled Updates setting. Additionally, Intel regularly releases driver updates for its latest products.

For additional information regarding updates for graphics drivers, please see the following articles or links below:

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Williamav,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. Furthermore, may I know the exact model of your graphics card? 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Williamav
Beginner
Yes. I reviewed it and it didn't help much or have a solution. I really did want to give Intel a chance but when every driver update bugs out or makes my games run worse it gets disheartening
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Williamav.

I do apologize for your experience with the Intel graphics driver updates. It's frustrating when updates don't deliver the expected improvements and instead introduce new issues. Moreover, I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics, especially the exact model of your graphics card, precise driver versions, and any system errors so that we can further investigate the issue. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Williamav
Beginner
I have the Acer Bifrost A770 16 gb model
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Williamav.

Thank you for your response.

For us to assist you better, we would like to know, when you mention that it "times out," what exactly happens? Do you receive any error messages or notifications, and if so, are they from Arc Control?

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Williamav
Beginner
Anytime after the drivers update, if it searches for updates again it will time out . If I turn on my computer the updater will time out
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Williamav.

I appreciate that. This issue could be impacting the performance and stability of your system. Let's work together to troubleshoot and resolve this problem.

You mentioned that following a driver update, there's a timeout issue when searching for updates again. Could you please specify where you searched for driver updates? Did you use Arc Control, Device Manager, Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, or simply the system settings under the Windows update tab?

Moreover, If you have done any other tests to fix the issue, please let me know the details so we don't cover the same ground twice.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Williamav
Beginner
I update and search in the Arc Control App. I have un-installed all the drivers and apps. I have done what Intel says, the Uninstaller application and that one works for a while then it updates to the newest driver and does it again
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Williamav.

It sounds like you've been thorough in your troubleshooting efforts by updating, searching in the Arc Control App, and even uninstalling all drivers and apps as per Intel's recommendations. When you have updated the graphics driver using the Intel® Arc™ Control and the software checks for an update it will scan endlessly for an update then it might be trigger an error message "We timed out looking for updates Intel® Driver & Support Assistant may be offline or having trouble finding the latest drivers. We'll check again in a few minutes." I'm curious if you've come across this error message. If you have, you may find this article (Update Check Failed After Updating the Intel® Graphics Driver Using the Intel® Arc™ Control) helpful in resolving the issue.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Williamav.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Williamav,

We have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos