Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Intel uhd graphics driver

Afax
Beginner
I have a laptop with intel core i312th gen 1220p .I'm getting flashy weird lines in games . I hope you will bring us a new GPU driver update. Even Radeon vega 8 performs better in newer games . It is way older than intel 12th gen GPU. And you are not even providing new drivers for uhd graphics. The new graphics drivers that supports uhd graphics are specifically for intel arc and iris xe .
0 Kudos
16 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax,

Thank you for posting in the communities. For us to help you, please let us know the specific laptop model that you posses. Much better yet if you can share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your configuration. I also want to check the games that you are encountering this issue, please list them out as well. Are there also any changes that you have made in the system before this issue occurred? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Afax
Beginner

I have Asus vivobook x1402za with intel core i3 1220p . The games that were having graphical glitches are assassin's creed syndicate and ghost of Tsushima. The games worked without any hiccups and stutters.only graphical glitches are the problem. Assassin's creed odyssey and Valhalla worked Very well without any problems. I tried new graphics drivers using intel driver and support assistant. The oem drivers version is 31.0.101.4032 . That was installed on 2022/12/21 . So I updated the driver to 31.0.101.5522. and the ghost of Tsushima cannot be run without updating the driver. So I did it. And I attached the system info file too

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax,

Thank you for sharing with us the logs and additional details about the issue you encountered with your Asus vivobook x1402za.

Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

About the graphical glitches that you encountered, would you be able to show a 20-30 second video of it so we can have a clearer picture of its occurrence. Additionally, I noticed on the SSU logs, the driver is still 31.0.101.4032. Is this the logs before the update occurred? The reason I ask is because I want to check if you had issues with installation as it still remained as the old driver that you mention. Just to confirm as well, you are not able to run the game Ghost of Tsushima anymore is that correct? What error message are you seeing in your end? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Afax
Beginner

The driver installation didn't have any problems. I just downgraded the driver. The OEM was installed two years ago. I inquired about installing the latest driver update that intel has provided. He replied that you can update it.and the ghost of Tsushima cannot be run without the new driver. So I did it . uploading speed is very slow on my network . 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

Thank you for sharing this details. Upon checking the video I can see that stuttering is present. I do want to ask, when you were you using the 31.0.101.4032, there are no stuttering, however, you encountered a message that the game will not run without using the drivers, is that correct? If this is the case, were you able to capture the exact error message? 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Afax
Beginner

Those stutters are because I didn't set the graphics and other settings properly. So I got those stutters. When I first played I got around 18-25fps . If I keep playing without setting the graphics as I mentioned above the FPS gets better and no stutters. And the other thing you mentioned is correct. This is the error message on driver v31.0.101.4032 and most importantly those glitches and weird flashy lines are the problems. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

Thank you for sharing the photo of the error message. I did some research and I found out that the game Ghost of Tsushima requires an external graphics card as its minimum requirement, upon checking the specification of the ASUS Vivobook 14 that you have, I am not seeing one it's configuration. As such, this could be a compatibility issue with the game. You may also check the requirements here:  Ghost of Tsushima

Regarding your inquiry about the latest drivers, I'm pleased to inform you that we are continuously releasing new updates such as the 31.0.101.5522 which you've mentioned. Please note that these updates are primarily designed for custom-built desktops. Since you're currently using a laptop, it's essential to consult with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to obtain the driver that's optimally tailored for your device. Laptops often necessitate specialized customizations and configurations to ensure full functionality.

I strongly suggest contacting ASUS to explore the option of integrating an external graphics card into your system. This addition should enable you to enjoy your gaming experience free from graphical glitches. While you may have previously played the game without encountering issues, the persistent graphical problems you're now facing likely stem from not meeting the game's minimum requirements. An external graphics card could be the solution to these issues, ensuring smoother gameplay.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Afax
Beginner

You saying I must get an external graphics card. If so how did I get to play hogwarts legacy. It has the same requirements as ghost of Tsushima. I am able to play with latest driver. Even AMD Ryzen 3 that is way older than intel 12thgen is able to play it without any hiccups. If the problem is with graphics card as you say how i could achieve 20 FPS in the game even though it has glitches. I think if you provide a better update for the driver we'll be able to play the game . We can play some intensive games like cyberpunk even someone played assassin's creed mirage with 11th gen graphics card. So I hope you will oblige my request and fix the problem. And about the OEM driver they didn't provide graphics driver for about 2 years . But I did ask about it in Asus community. He told it's okay to update the driver that intel has provided and asked to provide the results of it.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

It seems you're experiencing some confusion regarding the performance of your current graphics setup and the requirements for playing certain games. Let's clarify a few points:

1. Game Requirements: Each game has its own set of system requirements which can vary greatly. For instance, "Hogwarts Legacy" requires at least an Intel Core i5-6600 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 processor, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB or AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB graphics card for minimum settings. On the other hand, "Ghost of Tsushima" requires a minimum of an Intel Core i3-7100 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 processor, and the same level of graphics card as "Hogwarts Legacy" for its minimum settings.

2. AMD Ryzen 3 Compatibility: The AMD Ryzen 3, despite being older, can still run games like "Ghost of Tsushima" if paired with a compatible graphics card that meets the game's requirements.

3. Playing Intensive Games: Some intensive games like "Cyberpunk 2077" have higher requirements, such as a Core i7-6700 or Ryzen 5 1600 processor and a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card for minimum settings. "Assassin's Creed Mirage" also has its own set of requirements, which include an Intel Core i7-4790K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 processor and an Intel Arc A380 6GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB graphics card for minimum settings.

If you've updated to the latest driver and are still facing issues, it might be worth exploring whether your system meets the recommended requirements for the games you're trying to play, not just the minimum. Remember, while driver updates can help, they can't always compensate for hardware that doesn't meet the game's recommended specifications.

Nevertheless, I would appreciate some additional details to better understand the situation. You've indicated that your graphics driver has been updated to version 31.0.101.5522. Could you please specify whether you are experiencing stuttering or merely graphical anomalies with this driver version? This information will enable us to offer more targeted assistance. If you have indeed updated to this version, kindly share the SSU logs for our review. Additionally, if feasible, please share your game settings so that we may attempt to reproduce the issue on our side for a more thorough analysis.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Afax
Beginner

As you mentioned above at the first point . Ghost of Tsushima's system requirements are not much difference than hogwarts legacy's.

And at the second point you mentioned that the games like ghost of Tsushima can run on Ryzen 3 if tis paired with a compatible graphics card . As i checked out that games that can run on Ryzen 3 . It does not need a compatible graphics card to run triple A games . You can easily play triple A games with Ryzen 3 integrated GPU not to mention ghost of Tsushima . You can check out videos of Ryzen 3 users playing it without any hiccups. Even vega 11 integrated GPU that is about 8 years older  performs well because they provide drivers for integrated GPUs and fix issues for them . Nowadays we've got frame gen mechanics and upscaling methods like AMD FSR, Nvidia DLSS and Intel XESS to run games well.

And at the third point you mentioned cyberpunk and I'm playing it right now without any issues getting 25 FPS on 1080p and 32fps on 900p . And someone has already played assassin's creed mirage with intel iris xe 11th gen . Only the problem with the game is graphical issues like flickering ,weird lines and ghosting issues. even with it the game is playable. And many people already have played ghost of Tsushima on intel integrated GPUs even . They got a better performance too like 25fps - 30fps . You know right even intel arc GPUs got ghosting issues in ghost of Tsushima. So I hope you'll fix this issue soon by providing better drivers and fixes. And you are asking to provide some infos about the game . However I already deleted the game . So I cannot provide the details. Thank you for replying to me. So many intel users want it badly. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

Thank you for sharing these details with us. Please be assured that your concerns have been duly noted. I do want to ask. is the same issue existing on most recent graphics driver versions, 31.0.101.5522 and 31.0.101.5534? Understanding whether the problem occurs on these versions will greatly assist us in conducting a comprehensive investigation and developing a resolution.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Afax
Beginner
I tested the game on 31.0.101.5522 not the latest version. The problem persisted on that version even though I updated the game . Some has tested the game on the latest driver I think . He also mentioned that he did have problems on it too. While
continuously playing the game ghost of Tsushima the performance gets better I mean FPS .
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

Thank you for testing it out on 31.0.101.5522. I will coordinate this information with our engineers for now and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. To ensure we conduct a comprehensive investigation, our team would like to clarify some information. Please share the following details:

1. Are the games experiencing difficulties "Ghost of Tsushima" and "Assassin's Creed Mirage"?

2. For "Ghost of Tsushima," are the problems encountered related to graphical anomalies and unexpected flickering lines?

3. Similarly, for "Assassin's Creed Mirage," does the issue pertain to graphical disturbances and unusual line effects?

4. Could you please specify the digital distribution platform utilized for these games? (For instance, Steam, Epic Games, etc.)

5. It would be helpful if you could provide the video configuration settings for the games in question.

6. Lastly, if feasible, would you be able to share a video showing the issue encountered while playing "Assassin's Creed Mirage"? The reason we ask is because we noticed you already provided the video for the Ghost of Tsushima.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

I am just checking on your system. Were you able to receive my previous post? Feel free to respond back to us so we can better assist you. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Afax, 

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing you case. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos