Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20828 Discussions

Latest drivers have color issues

asabovesobelow

Last drivers:

Have something wrong with colors, they are too bright or oversaturated... They just look wrong. 

By the way driver 31.0.101.4575 looks normal

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @asabovesobelow

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.     Can you provide more details about how the colors appear "too bright" or "oversaturated"? What specific aspects of the colors look wrong?

2.     Do these color issues occur consistently across different applications, or are they more prominent in certain scenarios?

3.     Are the problematic color issues present on all display devices you've tested, or is it limited to a specific monitor?

4.     Have you recently made any changes to your hardware or software configuration before these color problems started?

Please provide us screenshots of the issue.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow

it just oversaturated it won't be visible on screenshot i think, also, after i mentioned the problem with scaling here it seems like you've made some changes, it looks different. But something happened to colors...

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @asabovesobelow

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the scaling issue: We tried many drivers in the lab to recreate the problem with the UHD 750 but couldn't. In my case, I am using Iris Xe Graphics (remember, I showed you a screenshot), and updating the driver fixed the issue. However, we couldn't find the "Maintain Aspect Ratio" with any drivers when using UHD. It seems related to the IGCC version – updating it changed the option to "Maintain Display Scaling," at least that's what I did. But we will focus only in the oversaturation problem.

About the oversaturation problem: To better understand this unusual behavior, we'll need the information we previously asked for. It's important to determine if the issue can be duplicated on external monitors or if it's specific to the laptop's built-in display. This distinction could indicate whether there's a problem with the display itself. If the screenshot doesn't capture the problem effectively, a photo would be sufficient – we just need to comprehend how it's impacting the system.

Also, as you mentioned, you tried out numerous drivers, and with the 31.0.101.4575 version, the colors appeared normal, is that right?

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello asabovesobelow

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello asabovesobelow

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos