Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

Lines in pics

Scaadoo
Beginner

When I download graphics I just get blocks of vertical lines in various colours

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Scaadoo.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Encountering the issue of displaying blocks of vertical lines in various colors can be frustrating. Several factors could contribute to this problem, including outdated or corrupted graphics drivers, a faulty monitor or display, or potential graphics card overheating. Could you please provide some additional information to help diagnose the issue?

1. Has this problem arisen previously?
  2. Are you using a laptop or desktop, and are the products from Intel or another OEM/System Manufacturer?
  3. Where did you download and install the graphics driver? Was it through the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA), the Intel Download Center, or a manual update process?
  4. Have there been any recent changes made to the system before encountering this issue?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to fix the issue?

Moreover, if your device is currently operational, I would like to gather further details such as processor, graphics models, drivers, and any system errors. The Intel System Support Utility (SSU) tool can assist in collecting this information, which will aid in identifying the root cause of the issue.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Scaadoo
Beginner
0 Kudos
Scaadoo
Beginner

Only troubleshooting steps I have taken is to ensure the intel graphics driver is up to date

0 Kudos
Scaadoo
Beginner

detailed.PNG

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Scaadoo.

Thank you for sharing this information. Having details about your Intel graphics card model and version is a solid starting point. However, I'd like to delve deeper into the specifics if possible. Utilizing the Intel System Support Utility (SSU) tool can help gather this information, which will be instrumental in pinpointing the root cause of the issue.

Additionally, could you please specify whether you're using a laptop or desktop, and if these products are from Intel or another OEM/System Manufacturer? If you're using a laptop, kindly try to use an external monitor to test if the problem is from the display monitor itself.

You mentioned that you've only ensured the graphics driver is up to date as part of your troubleshooting steps. Could you clarify where you downloaded and installed the graphics driver from? Did you use Intel Driver & Support Assistant (IDSA), the Intel Download Center, or a manual update process? Understanding this will help us identify any potential issues during the installation process.

Best regards,
Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Scaadoo.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos