Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

Low game performance of an Arc A750 ("Left Alive")

dartmaxxionov
Beginner
Hello there, Intel driver-guys!

Could you improve the performance of an Arc A in the game "Left Alive"?

I have noticed an extremely low performance of my ASRock A750 Challenger.
Plays at 7-9 fps with any settings (frame rate does not react on lowering or raising of the graphical properties).
Bench ("MSI Afterburner") shows that the GPU is loaded at 25%.

With my previous GTX 1063 I had 20-30 fps in the same scene with the same computer.

It would be great to be able to play this gorgeus stealth on my Arc A750. I am sure, the raw horsepower is more than enough)

- thank you in advance!
Yours sincerely, Maxim Ionov, Odessa, Ukraine.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello dartmaxxionov, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. We want to investigate this for you. Would you be able to share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with our configuration? Additionally, is there a specific moment in the game where in the low fps occurs? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
dartmaxxionov
Beginner

Thank you for reply!

I have added the SSU log.

As for the exact moment in the game... It is chapter 2, "Disturbing elements".

The scene is not intense, but contains fire and smoke. Hovewer, I do not see any performance leaps anywhere, even in the empty corners.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048200319/screenshot/2503515069932988175/

Map with my location.

- with best regards, Maxim Ionov

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello dartmaxxionov, 

Thank you for sharing this information. We want to try and replicate this issue for you, as such, we kindly ask for the game settings that you are currently using with the game. you may send us screenshot or a short screen recording of this settings. I also noticed that I am unable to check the CPU that you have in your system, please share with us the model of the CPU as this is a necessary detail to be more familiar with your configuration. Additionally, is the resizable bar enabled in your system? The reason I ask is because this is a necessary steps in setting up the Intel Arc. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
dartmaxxionov
Beginner

Hello again!

My CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 5500.

The ResizeBAR is ON.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048200319/screenshot/2503515069947877898/

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048200319/screenshot/2503515069947878132/

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048200319/screenshot/2503515069947878314/

These are the settings I have tried. Result is very similar: 7-9 FPS in the scene with smoke, fire, long line of sight.

Also discovered, that FPS rises up to 52-55 in the small rock-covered corner behind the initial point . The performance is again very close for the all settings from low to ultra.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048200319/screenshot/2503515069947878737/

Thank you for response!

- gratefully yours, Maxim Ionov.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello dartmaxxionov, 

Thank you for sharing this details. We will proceed in investigating this internally and get back to you on this thread as soon as possible.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
dartmaxxionov
Beginner

Thank you for support!

- sincerely yours, Maxim Ionov.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello dartmaxxionov, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we kindly ask if you can try the following steps:

Enable High Performance for Left Alive:

1) Type Graphics Settings in the Windows search box and open Graphics Settings.

2) In "Find an app in the list..." part, search for Left Alive. (if it does not show up, proceed to the alternative instructions below)

3) Select the game below it when it shows up, and click "Options".

4) Select "High performance" and click "Save".

Alternative instructions (Left Alive not in list):

1) In "Add an app", make sure "Desktop app" is selected and click on "Browse".

2) Now locate the .exe file at default Steam installation location at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common" and look for the folder for the game.

3) Click on the game folder and now select the .exe for the game and click "Add".

4) Below "Find an app in the list..." part, search for Left Alive.

5) Select the game when it shows up, and click "Options".

6) Select "High performance" and click "Save".

Additionally, updating your to latest Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5522 (WHQL Certified) would also make sure your system is in optimal configuration. Let us know of the results. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos