Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20822 Discussions

Minecraft bedrock edition, Upscaling problem arc a770

Nersen
Beginner

Good day

I am having a issue with Minecraft bedrock edition, I can't toggle Upscaling, the button is greyed out in game when using ray tracing as seen in the attached image.

I am using an Intel Arc A770 16GB GPU, a Intel 12400f CPU with 16Gb 3600MHz of ddr4 ram and windows 11 Pro version 10.0.22631 Build 22631

I have tried reinstalling the game as well as my graphics drivers as well and have recently performed a clean installation of Windows as well for unrelated reasons but decided I'll check again after the clean installation was finished.

I just wanted to ask if this is a problem with my PC specifically or if perhaps the feature is not available for my hardware?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nersen,

Since it looks like this game only supports DLSS 2.0 which is a technology exclusive to Nvidia and we recommend you contact the game developer for further information, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nersen,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. Since you are experiencing issues with the upscaling option in Minecraft Bedrock Edition, please answer the following questions to know if the problem is is specifically PC or if perhaps the feature is not available of the hardware, I will be happy to help you.  

• Is the graphics card an Intel Branded Card or from another brand? This will help me to understand if it happens to a specific card edition.
  • You mentioned the button is greyed out in game when using ray tracing, does it mean when ray tracing is not enabled, it works properly?
  • Take screenshots of the game settings, in case we need to replicate this issue.
  • I see you provided some system details, to gather more information about it, download and attach the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows (SSU) report, you can find the steps on the link How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows.

Regards,

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nersen,

Were you able to run the Intel® SSU report to check the system environment?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Nersen
Beginner

Hi Andres

Sorry for only responding now, I had a busy week.

The Arc A770 I'm using is an ASRock Phantom Gaming, the model number is A770 PG 16GO.

Upscaling does not work at all and I can't toggle the button, even when ray tracing is disabled, however, I have tested the ray tracing and upscaling on my laptop and have read online that the upscaling setting only becomes available once the ray tracing is turned on.

I have attached the screenshots and the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows (SSU) report as requested.

Thanks for the help!

Nersen

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Nersen

Thank you for sharing the information.

Doing some research about this issue, it seems that Upscaling is only available for Nvidia GPUs with DLSS 2.0. The information is available on the game's official website, you can check the following links:

Minecraft: Bedrock Edition With Ray Tracing And Advanced Graphics FAQ

Upscaling unavailable on AMD GPUs

I would advise you to also contact the game developer and confirm whether there is support for other hardware or no but it seems that what they advise is to use TXAA.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Nersen,

Since it looks like this game only supports DLSS 2.0 which is a technology exclusive to Nvidia and we recommend you contact the game developer for further information, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Nersen
Beginner

Hi Andres,

Thanks for your assistance, I suspected that only DLSS was supported, but thought wouldn't hurt to ask.

I really appreciate all you help.

All the best!

Nersen

0 Kudos