Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20643 Discussions

Monitor Power Save and Sleep issues

fadsarmy
Novice

Hi,

I've been having the same issue with my two identical PCs since updating the Intel UHD 710 drivers to 31.0.101.5333 or 31.0.101.5379 so I've downgraded to 31.0.101.3302 from the Asrock site and everything is working as intended now.

Both PCs have dual monitors and would not come out of standby during power save and also when coming out of sleep but seem to work okay with single monitor setup.

Specs:

Asrock DeskMini B660

Pentium G7400

16GB DDR4 Kingston

Seagate NVME 530 SSD

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, fadsarmy.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

The recent driver updates for Intel UHD 710 graphics seemed to have caused issues with dual monitors not waking properly from standby or sleep modes. Reverting to the driver version 31.0.101.3302 has effectively resolved these issues, indicating a possible compatibility problem with the newer drivers and your Asrock DeskMini B660's dual monitor setup.

Upon review, it appears you're using an Intel UHD 710 driver with versions 31.0.101.5333 or 31.0.101.5379. Please note that these versions are intended for Intel® Arc™ and Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows*. Therefore, the issues you're experiencing may stem from compatibility problems since your graphics driver is an Intel UHD 710. It's advisable to use the driver version specifically designed for your graphics model.

Moreover, It's advisable to consult with your computer manufacturer for the appropriate driver software, as they may offer versions tailored to your specific system. Intel® provides generic graphics drivers for broad use, but manufacturers often modify these drivers to suit their hardware's unique features and requirements. Using the drivers from your computer manufacturer can help prevent installation issues due to these customizations. Additionally, while the details of your processor and driver are helpful, a complete configuration of your system setup would be beneficial. Could you please generate and share an Intel SSU report? This will allow me to examine your OS build, driver versions, and any system-level error logs.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
fadsarmy
Novice

Thank you. It also happens with a single monitor sometimes. I realised that both PCs had Dell Display Manager (DDM) installed and a Dell monitor as one of the pairs. After uninstalling DDM, I've not had a single problem even with the most recent UHD 710 drivers. You are correct both drivers 1.0.101.5333 or 31.0.101.5379 were giving me issues but they were downloaded from Intel's own site under Intel UHD 710 graphics driver so I'm not sure why they were "intended" for Intel® Arc™ and Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows.

I've also been having similar issues with an Intel NUC13ANHi3 and DDM.

After reinstalling the troubling drivers, attached is a copy of the Intel SSU report.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, fadsarmy.

I'm glad to hear that uninstalling Dell Display Manager (DDM) resolved the issues you were experiencing with the Intel UHD 710 drivers. It's interesting to note that the presence of DDM was a common factor in the display issues across different systems. This suggests that there may have been a software conflict between DDM and the Intel graphics drivers, which is not entirely uncommon with utility software that interacts closely with hardware drivers.

Regarding the driver versions 31.0.101.5333 or 31.0.101.5379, it's possible that there was a mislabeling on Intel's website, or the drivers were indeed intended for a broader range of Intel graphics hardware, including the UHD 710. To clarify, could you provide the link from the Intel download site where you see these specific Intel UHD 710 graphics driver versions?

As for the issues with the Intel NUC13ANHi3, it seems likely that DDM may have been causing similar conflicts there as well. However, please be guided that since this is an NUC concern, we would like to gently inform you that as of January 16, 2024, all Technical and Warranty Support for Intel's NUC 7 through NUC 13 Systems is now managed by ASUS. For any assistance regarding software, firmware, BIOS support, and security advisories, please visit ASUS Support at ASUS Support. For additional information, we encourage you to review the related articles below:

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, fadsarmy.

I hope you are doing fine.
Were you able to check the previous post?
Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,
Von M.

0 Kudos