Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

NBA 2K23 crashes instantly when going to the Neighborhood and switching deck. A770 16GB

laxesta
New Contributor II

This happens ever since the game was launched almost a year ago, but I didn't use the Neighborhood much, although I started a MyCareer mode back then and noticed that.

The Neighborhood works fine, when you get in the boat. But once you use the elevator to any deck, bam, the game crashes. No Daily Prize no nothing.

This makes the MyCareer mode practically unplayable.

Using DXVK kinda mitigates the problem, but the game won't run well and ends up crashing too. The game's performance isn't good also.

This didn't happen when I had a nVidia card, and I comment this 'cos I am sure it's going to happen in any other NBA 2K game that will come out if it doesn't get fixed.

Other than that the game has been working ok for me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

After looking at this problem internally, we attempted to recreate the issue in our testing facility. We verified that our drivers seem to be working correctly, as we did not observe any crashes. As a result, we suggest that you seek further assistance from the game developer since the problem appears to be isolated to your system.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

We would like to gather the following information:

• What do you mean by crashing? Is it that the game closes, or the entire system hangs?
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled?
  • Have you experienced game crashes when playing any other game mode?
  • Is there any error message when the game crashes? If so, please share with us a screenshot of the error message.
  • Also, we would like to ask for more system information. Please create a system report using the following tools:
    •  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

• Intel® Graphics Command Center report:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

thanks for the reply @Jean_Intel . In regards to your questions:

• What do you mean by crashing? Is it that the game closes, or the entire system hangs?

The game closes.

• Is Resizable BAR enabled?

Yes.

• Have you experienced game crashes when playing any other game mode?

No.

• Is there any error message when the game crashes? If so, please share with us a screenshot of the error message.

No. The game just crashes and returns to the desktop.

I attached the SSU file.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

Regarding this issue, we would like to recommend running the Display Driver Uninstaller. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions. Once you run the tool, you should install the latest driver from the Intel BETA driver, 31.0.101.4575. The DDU tool will eliminate all drivers and leftover files from previous driver versions.

If the issue remains, we would like to request you share a detailed step-by-step you follow to face the problem, a video showing the crashing issue, and screenshots of the game video settings you are currently using. This can help us further investigate this problem.

Best regards,

Jean O.

laxesta
New Contributor II

Installing the most current drivers changed nothing. I recorded a video on the issue. The video stops 'cos it's recorded with the native Windows 11 gamebar tool and it stops recording once the game crashes.

NBA 2K23 Intel A770 crashes when going to the Promenade Deck for the daily Prize - YouTube 

Any other facilities I visit work perfectly well, but once you try to go to the Promenade Deck (in the Silver Deck) or to the Team Training Falicites Deck, the game closes and returns to the desktop.

Cheers @Jean_Intel 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

Before we continue to research this matter, we want to know which game distribution service you used to install the game. (Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect, Microsoft Store).

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

Hello.

Got the game on Steam at launch date.

The only "solution" I found to the issue was using DXVK. However, once I get to the Promenade Deck, the game runs sooooo choppy, it's horrible, and then it ends up crashing to the desktop too.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

We appreciate the information provided.

With this information, we will proceed to further research this matter internally.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

After looking at this problem internally, we attempted to recreate the issue in our testing facility. We verified that our drivers seem to be working correctly, as we did not observe any crashes. As a result, we suggest that you seek further assistance from the game developer since the problem appears to be isolated to your system.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. It's still highly suggested that you get in touch with the game developer as the issue seems to be specific to your system. We will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

laxesta
New Contributor II

thanks. I have 2 Windows 11 partitions, one on my 1TB SSD that I use for work and another one on my 2TB NVMe that I use for games and the game works totally fine on my SSD partition when I go to the Promenade Deck but not on my NVMe partition where I use the most basic Windows 11 programs and apps so it's as optimised for games as possible.

0 Kudos