Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20786 Discussions

Not able to see the taskbar and open any windows settings screens.

Mahesh97
Beginner

Not able to see the taskbar and open any windows settings screens, I see a blank space in black color in the place of taskbar. Restarted system multiple times once it was fixed then it is not showing the taskbar again. After a recent windows update I started facing this problem. I have attached Intel SSU system information file.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Because you didn't shared the updated SSU report, I'm assuming that the clean Installation of the Graphics Driver ended successfully ?

Try to check the Taskbar settings:

- depress Windows key + I to open Windows Settings

- click on Personalization

- click on Taskbar

- click on Taskbar behaviors.  Verify that  Automatically hide the taskbar is unchecked 

If the above steps will not solve your problem, repair install of Windows 11 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.  This process will replace your Windows installation without affecting your data and installed applications.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mahesh97
Beginner

Hi Leon, 

Thanks for the response. Hope you have seen my graphics driver in the system info sheet. It is Intel UHD Graphics 620. But the one you are suggesting have a list of processors for which the graphic card is valid and mine is not in that(Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz). To be accurate my system processor is there but processor speed is not matching. 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Mahesh97 

This driver is for your processor.  The frequency is correct (3.40 GHz maximum turbo frequency and 1.60 GHz processor base frequency).

Leon

0 Kudos
Mahesh97
Beginner

Hi @LeonWaksman ,

I downloaded the executable from the link you shared and did a clean install. But issue is not resolved. It's same. 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Because you didn't shared the updated SSU report, I'm assuming that the clean Installation of the Graphics Driver ended successfully ?

Try to check the Taskbar settings:

- depress Windows key + I to open Windows Settings

- click on Personalization

- click on Taskbar

- click on Taskbar behaviors.  Verify that  Automatically hide the taskbar is unchecked 

If the above steps will not solve your problem, repair install of Windows 11 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.  This process will replace your Windows installation without affecting your data and installed applications.

Leon

0 Kudos
Mahesh97
Beginner

Hi @LeonWaksman ,

I think this did solve my problem. I did in place upgrade and later  I restarted my system multiple times to see if my taskbar disappears again. But it didn't. Thanks for the help. I'm also curious to know why did the problem occur in the first place. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
fahimhabib2605
Beginner

You may follow below steps:

1. Update graphics drivers.
2. Check for Windows updates.
3. Restart Windows Explorer.
4. Check for third-party software conflicts.
5. Run System File Checker (SFC).
6. Use DISM to repair Windows image.
7. Consider restoring to a previous restore point.

0 Kudos
Mahesh97
Beginner

I'm not able to open system settings and not able to start cmd as an administrator due to that. So I can't run sfc as no administrator privileges for cmd.

0 Kudos