Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20716 Discussions

Overscale/overscan with Intel Iris XE and Panasonic 1080p TV

Bazza
Beginner

Hello,

I've recently purchased a mini PC that has Intel Iris Xe graphics. It's a  Windows 11 machine. Output from Intel System Support Utility below: -

Bazza_0-1713704824577.png

The intended use of this PC is as a media centre for streaming video, so it's hooked up to a Panasonic TX-42A400B TV via HDMI 

I've updated the drivers to the latest recommended from the Intel website, and I was expecting to be able to adjust the scaling using Intel Graphics Command Centre like I have done previously for other machines, only to find this has seemingly been replaced with Arc Control. I've hunted through the settings of that and there's nothing that lets me adjust the overscale. How do I fix this?

Any input/help appreciated!

Cheers,

Bazza

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bazza
Beginner

I've managed to resolve this myself, so here's what I did in the hope it might help someone else.

After installing Intel Graphics Command Center, I went under the display settings. With the colour format set to default RGB and the resolution set to the recommended 1920x1080, I had no scaling options other than 'Maintain Display Scaling'. I tried changing the resolution to something not recommended, and that gave me the more options in addition to 'Maintain Display Scaling'; centre or stretch. Neither of these were of any use. I then tried changing the colour format from RGB to YCBCR_422. When I checked the scale settings again, the custom option had appeared in the drop down, but when selecting this option, the adjustment sliders didn't make any difference when moving them to adjust the overscan and make the window fit the TV screen properly. So I then tried changing the colour format for YCBCR_444 (the only remaining option) and the scale drop down menu was still listing the custom option for adjusting the scale. I tried selecting custom again and the adjustment sliders did actually adjust the size of the screen, and I can now see the everything on the screen properly at the recommended resolution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bazza
Beginner

I've managed to resolve this myself, so here's what I did in the hope it might help someone else.

After installing Intel Graphics Command Center, I went under the display settings. With the colour format set to default RGB and the resolution set to the recommended 1920x1080, I had no scaling options other than 'Maintain Display Scaling'. I tried changing the resolution to something not recommended, and that gave me the more options in addition to 'Maintain Display Scaling'; centre or stretch. Neither of these were of any use. I then tried changing the colour format from RGB to YCBCR_422. When I checked the scale settings again, the custom option had appeared in the drop down, but when selecting this option, the adjustment sliders didn't make any difference when moving them to adjust the overscan and make the window fit the TV screen properly. So I then tried changing the colour format for YCBCR_444 (the only remaining option) and the scale drop down menu was still listing the custom option for adjusting the scale. I tried selecting custom again and the adjustment sliders did actually adjust the size of the screen, and I can now see the everything on the screen properly at the recommended resolution.

0 Kudos