Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20809 Discussions

Pc is not booting from Arc a770 just from internal graphics card

Jotamax
Beginner
Yesterday the motherboard z790 Ac DC was updated the firmware, after that do not boot using DP from arc A770 and just boot from internal graphics card and then other monitor connected to A770 start working.
0 Kudos
21 Replies
iJotamax
Beginner

I just want to let you know that I went back to the previous BIOS and the problem persists and I can only boot from the internal graphics card and not from the ARC 770A. It seems that it was just a coincidence with the BIOS, does anyone know what could be happening?

When I connect the screen to the arc 770a I am stuck on the attached image.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We see that your system is not booting from the Intel Arc A770 after you updated the motherboard firmware. We will be more than happy to assist you. To better help you, we would like to request the following information:

• You mentioned that the system can only boot from the internal graphics card and not from the Intel Arc 770. Do you mean the system does not boot if you only connect one monitor to the Intel Arc A770?
  • You mentioned that the monitor connected to the Intel Arc A770 starts to function after the system boots from the internal graphics card. However, we would like to know if there is anything displayed on the monitor connected to the A770.
  • When the monitor connected to A770 starts working, do you encounter other issues?
  • We would like to confirm the exact Intel Arc A770 model you have. Is it a Limited Edition card, or is it it a model from any of our other partners: Acer, Sparkle, AsRock, etc?
  • We would like to have more details about your system. Share with us the system reports using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner

HELLO THERE:

SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT I WAS OUT OF TOWN, BELOW ARE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.

- You mentioned that the system can only boot from the internal graphics card and not from the Intel Arc 770. Do you mean the system does not boot if you only connect one monitor to the Intel Arc A770?

-YES, IF I CONNECT ONLY ONE MONITOR TO THE ARC 770, THE PC DOES NOT BOOT AND STICKS ON THE GIGABYTE LOGO.

You mentioned that the monitor connected to the Intel Arc A770 starts to function after the system boots from the internal graphics card. However, we would like to know if there is anything displayed on the monitor connected to the A770.

- WHILE IT IS BOOTING CONNECTED TO THE INTERNAL CARD THE OTHER MONITOR CONNECTED TO THE ARC 770 REMAINS
       BLACK  AND AFTER THE SYSTEM IS START UP THE MONITOR ON THE ARC 770 SHOWS AN IMAGE AND YOU CAN NOW WORK.

- When the monitor connected to the A770 starts working, do you encounter any other problems?

-HAS NO ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS SO FAR.

- We would like to confirm the exact model of Intel Arc A770 you have. Is this a limited edition card or is it a model from any of our other partners: Acer, Sparkle, AsRock, etc.?

-THE INTEL CARD THAT I HAVE IS THE 16Gb LIMITED EDITION.

- We would like more details about your system. Share system reports with us using Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

-I AM ATTACHING THE FILE OBTAINED WITH SSU.

Regards,

JotaMax

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

Thank you for the information provided. You mentioned that you can see the GIGABYTE LOGO when booting with the Intel Arc A770. We want to ask if you can navigate through the BIOS menu. If so, check if you have multi-GPU and Resizable BAR features in your BIOS menu. If you have any questions about how to do these steps, you should consult with your motherboard manufacturer for more instructions.

Currently, it seems to be a conflict with the Operating System, so we would like to recommend you make sure you have the latest Operating System updates.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner
Hi Jean,

Yes, I was able to enter the BIOS from the Arc 770 and it does have the resizable BAR and it is enable, but the multi-GPU does not have it, and I checked the OS updates and they are up to date.
It is also strange because I cannot boot from the USB drive to try to reinstall the OS, it still hangs on the gigabyte logo screen.

Regards,

JotaMax
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

Thank you for the information provided. We apologize for our delay in the response. Your reply was not visible to us until now.

Since you can enter the BIOS using the Intel Arc A770, it indicates that the card is functioning correctly and there is no hardware issue. The issue may be related to a corrupted file in your Operating System. So, we would like to recommend you run the  Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Note that previous driver files and leftovers can affect the functionality of your system, and the DDU tool will eliminate all the previous driver installation files. Then, install the latest graphics driver version, 31.0.101.4952.

You also mentioned that you tried reinstalling the OS; however, it presented the same error when booting to the USB. Are you using a new OS image? Or is it the same one you used previously?

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner

Hi Jean,

I have read your response carefully and it really leaves me thinking about 2 questions.

The first one is why everything works correctly using the internal card

The second one is why the OS boots well from the internal card and also boots without any problem from a USB drive, I mean if everything works correctly using the internal card, why do I have problems when trying to boot from a USB drive, which is prior to starting the OS itself.

What OS image am I using to install?
I have tried with two images, the one I used previously and a new one and I still have the same problem, it boots from the internal card and does not boot using only the ARC 770.

Regards,

JotaMax

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

Thank you for your response. Since the issue is present after trying two different Operating System Images, we would like to look into this matter internally. Allow us some time to further research this matter. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

After looking into this matter, we would like to confirm the following information:

• Make sure you have the latest Operating System updates installed in your system.
  • Maybe your issue is being caused by not having the necessary drivers. So we would like to recommend you check Device Manager for any issues.
  • Sometimes, the system motherboard deffaults to the iGPU instead of the dGPU. You could also check that; however, if you have any questions about how to check this, you may need to consult with your motherboard manufacturer to have more indications, as this depends on their BIOS implementation.
  • Since you are able to use the iGPU, then we would recommend you install the latest our latest driver. The latest driver available is version 31.0.101.4952. But before you install the new driver, you should run the DDU to eliminate all the previous driver files and leftovers.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jotamax
Beginner
Hi Jean

I have already wasted a lot of time with this matter and we have not reached a satisfactory end, so I have bought a new 3060 ti graphics card, and later I will do other tests with the famous Arc A770, and I also have to say that there is no problem with the boot from the 3060ti from the SSD and the USB drive.

Regards,

JotaMax
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

We understand your frustration on this matter since you have tried multiple solutions, and the issue remains, investing a lot of your time. We see that after installing a 3060 ti, the system boots without a problem from the SSD and even from the USB drive. Let us look into this matter, and we will post back as soon as we have an update.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

After looking into this matter, we would like to recommend you check for Motherboard Requirements:

1. Compatibility Support Module (CSM) or Legacy Mode must be disabled, and UEFI boot mode must be Enabled.
  2. Ensure the following settings are set to Enabled (or Auto if the Enabled option is not present):
  • Above 4G Decoding

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

We are following up in your thread to see if you have been able to check if your motherboard has Compatibility Support Module (CSM) or Legacy Mode must be disabled and make sure you have Above 4G Decoding Enabled.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
iJotamax
Beginner

Hi Jean,

This weekend I had a little time and did some of the things suggested in your messages, here are the answers:

Make sure you have the latest operating system updates installed on your system.

Maybe your problem is because you don't have the necessary drivers. Therefore, we would like to recommend that you check Device Manager for any issues.

I CHECKED DEVICE MANAGER AND RAN DRIVER BOOSTER AND THERE ARE NO OUTDATED DRIVERS.

Sometimes the system motherboard defaults to using the iGPU instead of the dGPU. You can also check that; However, if you have any questions about how to check this, you may need to consult your motherboard manufacturer for further guidance, as this depends on your BIOS implementation.

I HAVE CHECKED THE IGPU AND THE DGPU AND I CANNOT FIND IT IN THE BIOS, I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE GIGABYTES MANUAL AND I CANNOT FIND THAT SETUP.

Since you can use the iGPU, we recommend that you install the latest version of our driver. The latest driver available is version 31.0.101.4952. But before installing the new driver, you need to run DDU to remove all old and leftover driver files.

THE LATEST VERSION OF THE DRIVER 21.0.101.4953 IS INSTALLED AND I HAVE PERFORMED IT AS CLEAN INSTALL.

After analyzing this matter, we recommend that you review the motherboard requirements:

Compatibility Support Module (CSM) or Legacy Mode must be disabled and UEFI Boot Mode must be enabled.\

THE MODULE (CSM) IS DISABLED

Make sure the following settings are set to Enabled (or Automatic if the Enabled option is not present):

Above 4G decoding

I CANNOT FIND THAT OPTION NEITHER IN THE BIOS OR IN THE MOTHERBOARD MANUAL.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

Thank you for the inforamtion provided. We see that you have been unable to find some options in the BIOS to make sure that everything is correct so your Intel Arc graphics will work properly. Unfortunately, you need to contact your motherboard manufacturer for more instructions to enable the "Above 4G decoding" option and check if the motherboard defaults to using the iGPU instead of the dGPU. Every BIOS menu is different from one another, and the motherboard manufacturers will have more details about their BIOS configuration. It would be ideal if you contact Gigabyte support for additional information about these options.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

We are following up on your thread to see if you have any updates on this matter. Let us know if you have been able to check if the options we mentioned before are enabled in your BIOS.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jotamax,

We will proceed to close this thread since we have not received a response from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you require further support, you should submit a new question.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Sudhir2024
Beginner

Even i am having the same issue

0 Kudos
iJotamax
Beginner
I still have the problem, but they asked me to get a different graphics card to try but I haven't been able to and they decided to close the case.
0 Kudos
Sudhir2024
Beginner

they close your case as there was no replay from your side 

so they did it

any way i found the way to run gpu 

i can help you 

0 Kudos