Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20650 Discussions

Persistent Screen Glitch on i5-8300H and Intel UHD 630 - Need Help!

MyOwnUser
Beginner

I'm struggling with a frustrating issue on my Acer Predator Helios laptop, which is powered by an Intel i5-8300H CPU and an Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics card. A few days ago, my screen started to glitch [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/0VCLrGZ.mp4) . Initially, I suspected a hardware problem . But, it turns out it's likely a software issue. Here's what's happening:

Whenever I boot into safe mode, where the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is used, the glitch disappears. So, I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware fault. I've taken several steps to try and resolve this:

1. Wondering if it was a Windows compatibility issue, I first reinstalled Windows 11, then Windows 10. No luck.

2. I've repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled the graphic driver, both automatically through the default app and manually following methods from the Intel website. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Sometimes reinstalling the driver seem to work, but the relief is short-lived - the screen goes back to glitching after a day or even an hour. It's as if an automatic update triggers the problem again, but I'm not certain.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any advice on how to permanently fix this? I'm all ears for any suggestions!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What driver version have you been using? 

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos