Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20818 Discussions

Pilot installation

CypCr
Novice

Good morning,

I have a problem when I want to install a new version of the graphics driver. I currently have version 27.20.100.8682 on windows 11 family, and I would like to install version 31.0.101.4255.
When I followed your installation process, I started by updating Windows, then I downloaded gfx_win_101.5445.exe. And when I launch this application, it gives me an error message "a problem occurred. No driver that can be installed on the current device was found. Installer exit code: 8.".
However, I need this version to be able to launch my game..
Can you help me please ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

CypCr
Novice
Ok very good, thank you for your answer.
Attached you will find the txt file that I just created.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

The Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.5445  is for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, and Intel® Core™ Ultra Processors with Intel® Arc™ Graphics while you have I5-8250U processor with  Intel UHD Graphics 620. 

Download the latest Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2127.  This is the latest driver available for you processor graphics.

Execute a Clean Installation During Driver Installation

Leon

CypCr
Novice
Thanks but this version doesn't work either...
When I run it I get another error message "Your system has a driver locked to the manufacturer's standards. Please try downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer's website to update it".
Do you have a solution ?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Can't help you. There are cases that Graphics Driver for laptop is customized.  You have the latest version that is released by Asus installed. You can try to uninstall it from the Device Manager (as explained here) and then install the latest Intel driver.  Any way do this on your own risk. Before uninstall this driver, download the latest driver from Asus so, you will be able to reinstall it in case that something will go wrong. 

BTW, your BIOS is old. You may download the latest BIOS here

Leon

0 Kudos
CypCr
Novice
Very good, thank you for your very clear answers. I will now see for myself what I can do.
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please read this document where you may find the resolution to your problem.

Leon

0 Kudos