Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20649 Discussions

Please fix Iris Xe drivers for Helldivers 2

Skuva
Beginner

This problem has been dismissed now multiple times with "Its below system requirements of the game, so we won't do anything about it" and "Go talk with the game developers about it" by moderators.

Source: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Lighting-issues-in-Helldivers-2/m-p/1575132 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Gaming-on-Intel-Processors-with/Helldivers-2-problemes/m-p/1580601#M2425

This problem is clearly something on the Intel's end, and it shouldn't be disregarded with these excuses because:

#1 - Even though Iris Xe 80EU and 96EU are below system requirements, there are benchmarks and reports showing it is playable on low settings (some found on the aforementioned threads). Thus, there is probably a lot more customers disapointed with the situation that are just not voicing their concerns, and probably looking at the competition's integrated graphics that is not suffering from this problem.

#2 - This could be a more widespread problem affecting other graphics products from Intel that are above minimum requirements of the application.

#3 - If every other gpu brand and other Intel products are not having this problem, it is most probably not the game developers fault and they can do nothing about it.

#4 - Regardless of being an older architecture, it is still under support and there is no excuse to have flawed drivers. This could well be an easy fix, but the people responsible for bringing it higher up to Intel's driver developers just refuse to do it.

6 Replies
rotb
Beginner

I can back this up with my experiences. My laptop matches the game requirements in every except the graphics card. My game runs at a decent framerate on medium to high graphics settings, and I have had no issues with grashing or lag, but I still deal with the fog/lighting problem.

I'm using an ASUS Zenbook Pro 15 OLED

Windows 11 Home

Intel 12th gen i7

Intel Iris Xe Graphics

16gb RAM

512 SSD

My problem doesn't seem to be that the graphics card can't run the game, but that there's a bug causing it to create more fog in the environment tan there should me, which makes it very difficult to see. The pictures in the examples given above are exactly what I am experiencing too.

Alberto34
Beginner

Tengo exactamente el mismo problema Helldivers 2 corre perfectamente sin lag o retrasos pero el problema es con la iluminacion esto esto es un problema del controlador grafico por favor solucionenlo.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Skuva,

Thank you for posting in our communities. 

We sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm for improving the integrated iris graphics card performance with the Helldivers 2.

Please provide the following details so I can gather more information and provide you with a troubleshooting step. Just a heads up: once the troubleshooting steps that I have provided do not work, we will raise our case with our engineers for further assistance.

• Please provide a video of Helldivers 2 when you are playing the game so we can check the actual issue.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? so we can avoid repeating them.
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Skuva
Beginner

Video and SSU.txt below

I made the video in the tutorial mission because it serves as a good benchmark and is very easy to compare to other footage online, as the map and lighting is always the same. Compare it to other tutorial gameplays and you see how on Iris Xe there is no lighting over the character and scenario, or as others say, its way too dark and foggy. Also notice how the problem doesn't occours in the ship (at the very beginning), only during missions.

Troubleshooting steps attempted:

• Windows 11 is fully updated (non-insider).
  • Fresh install of Helldivers 2 with all DirectX and Intel shader cache cleared.
  • Tried all the game’s graphics presets.
  • Tried drivers: 31.0.101.5444 Beta; 31.0.101.5382 WHQL; 31.0.101.5333 WHQL; Samsung’s official driver (very old).
  • Multiple driver installation processes: Intel’s advised one (install without cleaning); Intel’s Clean install; And DDU.

EDIT: Here is a side by side shot to show it clearly (normal <-----> Iris Xe).

image.png

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Skuva,

Thank you so much for providing the information that we have requested.

Upon reviewing the troubleshooting procedures you have already completed, it appears that you have done an excellent job on your end. As such, I will now raise the issue with our engineers.

Once I have our engineers response, I will post it in this thread. 

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Cerbruhrus
Beginner

Exactly. I've been in contact with an intel support technician for the last month and a half, and it took a month of back-and-forth troubleshooting for them to start "replicating the issue" and for the last two weeks, its just been delay after delay, while telling me to update my graphics driver even though the patch notes clearly don't target the issue, nor is it even mentioned in the "known issues" section.

0 Kudos