Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20686 Discussions

Random Bsod

ChrisRed
Beginner

For several months now, system crashes have been occurring frequently, causing the screen to go black (and the PC to crash) and sometimes a BSOD: 'video schedular internal error' appears.
I have already tried to do a clean driver installation several times in recent months, uninstalling the previous ones via DDU. I have also tried restoring the pc to factory settings but nothing has changed.
Often it happens when starting any game (even very light ones), however sometimes also while I am using light applications like firefox. Usually after I reboot the computer it comes back to working as long as I don't shut it down for a while, but other times the crash and BSOD screen occur a couple of times in a row. It doesn't always happen, maybe for 4/5 days there are no problems and then for a day or two they happen more frequently.
Unfortunately there is no absolute constant in this crash, sometimes it appears even after 3 to 4 hours that the PC is running, the only constant is that if the BSOD appears the error indicated is: 'video schedular internal error'.
Another thing I have noticed is that Arc control fails to search for drivers as indicated in the screenshots (which is in Italian).

In Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, under Graphics, it says: A customised computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Gigabyte for the latest driver for your computer.

Driver DetailsUp to date
ProviderIntel Corporation
Version31.0.101.5382
Date3/27/2024
Although mine is an intel arc a770 16gb Founder Edition, the motherboard is from Gigabyte.

Thank you and best regards

Current driver version:31.0.101.5382

I attach the file processed by SSU and the screenshot of arc control failing to find drivers.

0 Kudos
0 Replies