Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Right Side Of Screen Missing in Older Games?

NConn
New Contributor I

Hi, I'm having an issue with games from 2000 era in Windows 10. I have an Intel Atom z3735f processor, I have updated the drivers, tried all the different compatibility options for the games, tried out different options in the intel graphics panel. Hoping someone here can offer me a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NConn
New Contributor I

Hi, we did not find a solution in the end. I did however find a compromise by setting the game to the exact screen size and then using a program called 'borderless gaming' to hide the title and task bar, this fix depends on the game- you might have to find a way to put it into a custom resolution, if it's a popular game I'm sure you'll be able to find a method for that through Google. ​

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
46 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

I understand the right side of the screen is missing in older games.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

Thank you for your response. This issue is really troubling me as I just want to enjoy my games. Here is the system information.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

Thanks for the information you sent to me.

I would like you to try installing different version of the graphics driver. You can download it from this link https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25977/eng/win32_153343.4425.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25977/eng/win32_153343.4425.zip

As soon as the graphics driver has been downloaded on the keyboard press WinLogo key + r, then type in devmgmt.msc, double click on Display Adapters -> Intel HD Graphics -> Driver tab -> Uninstall -> Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device -> OK, restart the computer, and then reinstall the driver I provided.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Let me know if issue persists or not.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

I installed the new driver and the issue is still present,

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

I am sorry to hear issue persists with the other graphics driver I provided.

Is there any difference if you use the Tablet in either Portrait or Landscape mode?

What is the screen resolution you are using in the game? Have you tried changing screen resolution in the game itself?

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

This is in portrait, much worse lol. The game only runs in 800x600 or 1024x768 I am using the latter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

Have you contacted the company that developed the game in order to make sure the game can run on Windows 10*?

The Sims and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 were released to the market on the year 2000 and 2002 respectively so they might not be able to run properly on newer operating systems.

At this point what I can recommend is contacting the company that developed the games in order to check it they can run or not in Windows 10*. The game developers should be able to also check compatibility with the graphics controller.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

I have not and I doubt I'd get much help from EA as it's not a recent game but I know that The Sims runs perfectly for others using Win10 as I asked for help on a Sims forum before coming here- I have also in the past run the game with no issues using Intel HD Graphics on a different computer (Core 2 Duo E6600) on Windows 7 so I wrongly made the presumption that this new PC being Intel HD Graphics it would work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

I would like to gather more information about the issue you are reporting. Would you please fill out the form that is in the following link and post it on this forum thread? /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Please also include the DxDiag and DispDiag reports.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Part of screen missing when running The Sims Complete Collection and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Lenovo Ideapad MIIX 310

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

<strong style="font-style: in...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

Thanks for the additional information you sent to me.

Is there any change on the screen if you press Alt+Enter while in-game?

Do the game settings allow you to match the screen resolution of the tablet? Have you tried using different screen resolution in-game?

I would like you to try also adjusting Scaling options on the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. Please right click on the Desktop, go to Graphics Settings, click on Display, and try all of the Scaling options you have available.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

I have tried the different scaling options and they have no effect, I have also set the tablet resolution to 1024x768 so it would match the game (as that is the highest the game will allow) and it didn't help either. Alt + enter also has no effect.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

Let me do further research and come back to you. I will let you know when I have more information about this issue.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

We will attempt to replicate the issue in our lab in order to try to find a workaround for it. Due to this is an old game there is a chance we may not be able to develop a fix for it.

I will let you know if we can replicate this issue in our lab.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello xTopaz,

I sent to you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
GHart2
Beginner

Fred, I am experiencing the same issues on an Atom x5-Z8350...

Any chance you could send me the workaround?

Would highly appreciate it!

Gab

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GabGabGab,

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
JPine3
Beginner

Got a ChuwiHi10 pro with intel atom x5-z8350 and have the same problem with few game include dosbox game and ect . Can you give me the message too

thank you have a good day

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JohnArduino,

Regards,

Fred D.
WDavi2
Beginner

Hi Fred,

I am also having the same problem, could you send me a message with the fix please.

Many Thanks,

Billos

0 Kudos