Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Right Side Of Screen Missing in Older Games?

NConn
New Contributor I

Hi, I'm having an issue with games from 2000 era in Windows 10. I have an Intel Atom z3735f processor, I have updated the drivers, tried all the different compatibility options for the games, tried out different options in the intel graphics panel. Hoping someone here can offer me a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NConn
New Contributor I

Hi, we did not find a solution in the end. I did however find a compromise by setting the game to the exact screen size and then using a program called 'borderless gaming' to hide the title and task bar, this fix depends on the game- you might have to find a way to put it into a custom resolution, if it's a popular game I'm sure you'll be able to find a method for that through Google. ​

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
46 Replies
ai_Alex
Beginner

Hi, Fred!

I am experiencing the same issues on an Atom x5-Z8350

Could you send me a message with the fix please.

Would highly appreciate it!

Alex

0 Kudos
MLars6
Beginner

I have the same problem. Can anyone please tell me if there is a fix to it?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Larsen,

I am sorry to hear you are also having the same issue.

I sent to you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
MSmit32
Beginner

Hi,

Has this issue been fixed? I have exactly the same problem on my Lenovo Miix310

Greetings,

Maarten

0 Kudos
MDavi29
Beginner

Hi,

I also have the misfortune to be using a T100AH with an Atom x5.

Please can someone copy me the solution that has been discussed as private messages.

Thanks

0 Kudos
PBart6
Beginner

Hi, I am facing the same problem with ASUS Transformer book T100HA. I have noticed that for some of the older games it is sufficient to remove the tablet from the dock (keyboard), flip it to portrait then back to landscape and then connect it to the dock (keyboard) again. Nevertheless the game sometimes crashes, depends on the game. Personally I think the issue is burried somewhere within the display driver as the native resolution is 800x1200 and by standard windows focres the display to be turned by 90° when in landscape mode, I am quite confident in this since when I connect it to my TV or some other display everything works on fullscreen as it should. Unfortunately I have not found a fix for this yet... so if anybody can provide a hint how to fix this issue, I woud be glad. Thanks, Pavel.

0 Kudos
JPine3
Beginner

so there is no new update ? no fix ?? those processor cant handle last game and you cant play older game that i have a huge collection ..

0 Kudos
ABocz
Beginner

Dear Fred,

I have the same issue on Lenovo MIIX with Win10.

Could you be so kind and send me privat msg fixing the situation?

Regards

0 Kudos
OTuro
Beginner

Hello,

I have same problem on my Lenovo Yoga Book with Atom X5 and win 10. In my case with external monitor is everything fine. Can you please send me, how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,

turondrej

0 Kudos
NSwit1
Beginner

Hi

I have the same problem with some games on my asus t100ha (atom x5-z8500). For instance with Heroes of the Might and Magic 3. The game was running perfectly fine but since a few months it gets this black strap and it's unplayable.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
DDe_K2
Beginner

Download dgvoodoo2 (http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html dgVoodoo2 ) and follow the instructions to copy the needed files to your games folder. Should work like a charm after that!

0 Kudos
NSwit1
Beginner

I've done that yesterday, but for instance neighbours from hell still have black bar on side and worms armagedon are getting minimalised.

0 Kudos
DDe_K2
Beginner

Did you copy the dll files from the 3DFX and MS folder to the main folder with the exe file in? Don't just copy the folders, but actually the files inside them.

0 Kudos
NSwit1
Beginner

Of course I did it right. Other games were running nice, for instance: HoMM 3, GTA 3, GTA VC, Gothic. That's quite good program. Never the less, games are not a problem. Intel and/or windows software compatibility with older applications is the problem.

Atom that cannot handle old games can be used for indy games, web browsing, office stuff and for ebook reading.only. I don't play on it often, but sometimes, when I want to be more mobile, it's nice too have more options. And having this problem without official solution makes me sad 😕

0 Kudos
MHlup
Beginner

Hi,

Im having the same,exact problem, on my LENOVO MIIX 320-10ICR with atom x5-Z8350, right side of the screen is missing, is there a fix, perhaps in these private msgs, pls help im desperate.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Stay with the thread you posted:

Doc

0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

See below, I have posted how I found a compromise.

0 Kudos
NSmir2
Beginner

Hi. I have the same problem, can any one send me a fix in a pm.

0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

See below, I have posted how I found a compromise.

0 Kudos
CMacP1
Beginner

Good afternoon, I am experiencing the same issue on my tablet (NuVision 8 inch Tablet PC Full HD 1920×1200 IPS Touchscreen, Intel Atom Z3735F).  It seems to me that this may be an issue of the games being cut-off in landscape mode at the width of portrait mode.

It is unclear why a solution would need to be private.  Nevertheless, I too would appreciate the solution by private message if required, please and thank you. 

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

Hi, we did not find a solution in the end. I did however find a compromise by setting the game to the exact screen size and then using a program called 'borderless gaming' to hide the title and task bar, this fix depends on the game- you might have to find a way to put it into a custom resolution, if it's a popular game I'm sure you'll be able to find a method for that through Google. ​

Hope this helps

0 Kudos