Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

There is an Issue in my Graphic Driver Causing my Display to switch to 6 Bit instead of 8 Bit

Visith_Ilayperuma

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 5510 and now My Display is 6 Bit while my display is originally supporting 8 Bit and the Intel Iris XE (My Graphic Card) Supports 32 Bit. And also in the Taskbar region there is a grain in it. In first all the popups were blurry and I fixed it my setting up a custom scale.

System Info:

Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language
Version 22H2

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.74 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Intel Iris Xe Graphics

A Fast Solution regarding this matter is much more needed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Visith_Ilayperuma

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your display color depth.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Does the issue occur on the Laptop's display?
  • Is the issue present if you connect a different display device?
  • If you are using an external monitor, Could you try using a different cable or video output?
  • Provide us with a screenshot showing the taskbar issue.
  • Create a report using the:

• Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

• Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Visith_Ilayperuma

Visith_Ilayperuma_0-1675444204395.png

It doesn't appear when I connect to another display, but also it doesn't appear on this display when I uninstall the Graphic Card

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Visith_Ilayperuma,

Note that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM).

Please, perform a clean installation, installing the latest driver version available for your unit on the Dell Website, driver 31.0.101.3616, A12. Note that sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Visith_Ilayperuma,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Visith_Ilayperuma

Hello Jean O,

I downloaded the file from dell support and executed a clean installation, but it didn't resolve my problem.

Thank You,

Visith

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Visith_Ilayperuma,

Thank you for the information provided. 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Visith_Ilayperuma,

After reviewing this matter, we would like to recommend you try using an Intel generic graphics driver. Note that this will overwrite your OEM customized driver. If you want to proceed, we recommend performing a clean installation. The latest Intel driver is 31.0.101.4091. It is important to mention that the Intel drivers are for testing.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Visith_Ilayperuma

Hello Jean O,

I did the clean driver installation but it does not fix the problem

Best Regards,

Visith

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Visith_Ilayperuma,

We understand that the issue persists after installing the latest generic driver.

It is important to mention that this issue can be caused by a hardware limitation in the monitor (also the built-in display). You should check with the OEM to see if the monitor supports 8-bit or higher color depths and not 6-bit with Frame Rate Control (FRC) or dithering techniques. The OEM can also do a hardware inspection in case it is needed.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Visith_Ilayperuma,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos