Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20642 Discussions

UHD 770 Driver Issue with Monitor Standby

NismoZ
Beginner

Win11 with all updates, motherboard is an MSI Z790-A which has an Intel UHD 770.  Dual 4k Dell Monitors hooked up 1 via HDMI and 1 via DP.  Everything worked find with monitors going into and out of standby mode until a couple months ago.  I've tried installing the latest Intel UHD 770 drivers from the website while check marking clean install.  Ilve also tried using whatever Windows 11 has for its drivers, which is a version back in Jan 2024. Nothing has worked, monitors go into standby, but clicking/moving the mouse does not bring them back out of standby.  If I remove the HDMI cable and plug it back in, one monitor comes back. Then I have to power off and on the 2nd monitor for it to come back.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

Hello there NismoZ

Have you checked if there are any power management settings in the BIOS that might be affecting the behavior of your monitors? Sometimes, certain power-saving features can interfere with the ability of peripherals to wake from standby mode correctly. Additionally, ensuring that both your motherboard's BIOS and Windows 11 are fully updated might help resolve any compatibility issues. If the problem persists, reaching out to MSI support or posting on tech forums dedicated to hardware support could provide further insight and potential solutions.

Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos