Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20710 Discussions

UHD 770 Not Coming out of Monitor Standby

NismoZ
Beginner

You can see from the following conversation, that Intel has created a driver issue:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_display/uhd-770-not-coming-out-of-monitor-standby/ab468828-11d8-4c25-8121-61849a34e089?messageId=fac7632e-af50-4030-a1af-fccc1c235b8d

Where can we officially report driver bugs for Intel products?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyse important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

By the way, you have posted in the right forum.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Beginner

SSU Attached during the time when I had the driver that did not work.

• Went back to Driver 31.0.101.4824 (9/8/2023) - Monitor Standby wake up works fine.
  • System upgraded itself to Driver 31.0.101.5186 (1/18/2024) - Monitor standby wake up does not work.
  • Drivers after 31.0.101.5186 1/18/2024 - Monitor standby wake up does not work.

As you can tell from the link in the original post, multiple people and systems are having this issue.  Not just mine.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you so much for providing us with your SSU.

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps outlined in the link below for a possible solution:

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Beginner

The computer OS going to sleep mode is not the problem. There is a difference between sleep mode and monitor standby. I have provided a link on the original post that details the problem and what driver version was good before issue started. In that link, multiple users and computer setups have the same problem.  Please escalate this proven issue to the Intel driver engineers to fix.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you so much for the feedback, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Since the issue only arises when you update your graphics driver—and since this type of issue typically arises because the Intel graphics driver that we have released may not have been validated by your system manufacturer—the suggested troubleshooting in the article that we have provided can still be used for a possible solution to our issue.

By the way, to further isolate our issue, please try our new release driver, which is Driver 31.0.101.5445. As I have checked your SSU, your system graphics driver is still 31.0.101.5186. After updating, please check if the issue still persists. If yes, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Mi2-2
Novice

Hello Moderator,

In my environment, even the latest 5445 does not fix the problem.

my environment:

CPU: 12700 (non-K)
M/B: MSI PEG Z790 Carbon Wi-Fi (BIOS: 7D89v1C1)
iGPU: UHD 770
dGPU: None

From what I've confirmed, the problem has been reproduced in all releases after 5085 up to 5445.

What I tried is as follows.

• BIOS update
  • BIOS initialization
  • Cleaning with DDU

Everything didn't work.

I believe this phenomenon is a bug in the Intel driver.

Please ask the development team to investigate.

Thank you.

Mi2-2
Novice

I officially issued a support ticket to Intel Support in Japan.
However, it was rejected due to a manufacturer-specific problem.

I searched the Intel, Microsoft, and MSI forums for a way to resolve the issue, but only found other members with the same issue.
I would like to see this issue officially addressed and fixed.

I am attaching the SSU report for my environment.
I'm currently using 4225 with no problems.

Thank you.

Mi2-2
Novice

Hello Moderator,

In my environment, even the latest 5448 does not fix the problem.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Mi2-2, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please file a new case so that we can properly support you.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Beginner

@Mi2-2 already told you that the driver you are asking us to try has not worked, same problem.  At this point, it's clear that this is a driver problem.  We are asking that you escalate the issue please, so that it may be addressed.  

If anyone else comes across this thread in search of answers, please submit a ticket to Intel support.  Without a decent number of tickets submitted, it will not get priority:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091602/programs.html

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you for the response.

I will now raise the case with our engineers since you keep on insisting that this is an Intel driver issue.

I'll post the response on this thread once I have our engineers response.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos