Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Where is the best position of target when 3D scanning with Realsense D415?

dhkimte
Beginner

Before the question, I read The origin of depthD415 camera origin.

Hi, I'm currently developing 3D scan software using D415 camera.

For better scan accuracy, I need to find the target position that facing in front of camera. I think one of two position can be the origin. Front of IR projector or Left physical imager.

Left physical imager is the origin of 3D point coordinate. but IR projector is the center of baseline and two imagers see and match the laser pattern.

I use only depth camera, so the position of RGB camera is not my concern.

I don't know what is best clearly. I want any related test result, suggestion about how to test, hypothesis with scientific background, links, any idea can give me insight. (It is OK that your answer is not fully right)

Thanks.

Edited: I already applied well-known methods for better scan accuracy like post-processing filters, visual preset, etc.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi dhkimte,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to get the proper support for the Intel® RealSense products, please post your questions on this community or you can open a ticket here.

Best regards, 

David C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi dhkimte,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to get the proper support for the Intel® RealSense products, please post your questions on this community or you can open a ticket here.

Best regards, 

David C.