Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

Windows 11 automatically replacing Driver Version 31.0.101.3490 with 30.0.101.1273

lgcvsa
Novice
A couple of days ago, using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, I downloaded and installed the new Intel® Arc™ Graphics Windows* DCH Driver Version 31.0.101.3490, released October 11, 2022. Upon restart, my Windows 11 (21H2, Build 22000.1098) system with an Intel Core i5-12600K CPU, using the integrated Intel UHD 770 GPU, automatically replaced the new driver immediately with Version 30.0.101.1273. This has never happened before with any previous version of the driver I have installed, so I am wondering if there is maybe a flag not set in the new driver to inform Windows properly that it is the latest version driver for the UHD 770? It's a very large download, over 1.3 GB of data, so I'm a little reluctant to have to do it all over again, only to have the same thing happen.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello lgcvsa,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your 

Intel® UHD Graphics 770 driver.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Have you disabled the automatic update from Windows settings?

2. Have you reported this behavior to Microsoft?

3. Does the same happen if you install the drivers from the computer manufacturer (HP, Acer, Asus, etc)?

This issue may be related to the fact that Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) installs the latest version based on your CPU, but Windows may be installing the latest version based on the computer manufacturer. This may be causing confusion.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Duxy
Novice

Lucky it did not revert to an even older driver version as my win11 always does when not disabling looking for driver updates for windows.

I get 27.00.xxxxx version from microsoft (just replacing any newer versions without any remorse, bloody microsoft can't get anything right) which does not even correlate with the motherboard manufacturers driver offered since that is 

30.00.100.9805 (which never gets installed by microsoft, only the very old 27.00.xxx)

I think it is best if Intel contacted Microsoft about this, as a customer i am not going to do Intels job for them.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello lgcvsa, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello lgcvsa, 

I have seen your response on the other thread, I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile since you are having issues replying to your thread.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello lgcvsa,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello lgcvsa,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos