Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20811 Discussions

Windows 7 - Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipsrt Family

idata
Employee

I need help with a problem on my Dell Inspiron 1525. Whwn I bought the laptop it was loaded with Windows Vista that I eventually upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium (32bit) and everything ran great. Then, after checking my device drivers, I found updates for some of my out of date device drivers. I updated the drivers and discovered I no longer was able to use Aero Effects. I ran the Areo troubleshooter and got the following message:

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

So, I went to Device Manager and found the Yellow (!) next to the Display adapters - Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

I clicked on Properties and found this message:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Here is the Driver Information:

Device Type: Display adapters

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation

Driver Date: 9/23/2009

Driver Version: 8.15.10.1930

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I tried to restore to before the updraded drivers were installed, but it failed. I can usually find solutions to computer problems. But this one has me stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I have the exact same problem, and at the same time I have the same problem with Intel(R) Management Engine Interface.

Did you get your computer working?

I have tried the latest drivers, but it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

After many hours of trying to "fix" the problem, I decided to just start from scratch. After backing up my files, I re-installed my original OS (Windoes Vista) that came with my laptop and re-upgraded to Windows 7. Once I did that, I was able to update the to the most recent Intel drivers and now I'm back to normal. I was kind of hesitant to do it, but I figured it would be best in the long run. Good luck!

0 Kudos