Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20810 Discussions

Windows Update with Display Driver and Driver Updates

idata
Employee

Long story... Well, I have time.

So, I tried to update my display driver which is Intel (R) 82945G Express Chipset Family. This was with Windows Update of course. It was very old and failed. So a couple days later when I tried to enter WMM, I found that it thought that my graphics card either wasn't there or didn't have good enough acceleration, even though it worked before then. I looked at the display driver in device manager and it said it was dissabled, and I know how tedious it is to have device manager install the driver.. So I went and found a driver for it on this website, but it gave me an unknown error near the end of the installation. I looked back at my device manager and it didn't say the chipset was there, and it wasn't even hidden (I enabled the ability to hidden drives). From that point onward I haven't been able to do anything. I do not want to do a system restore, although I can borrow a seperate hard drive to back up this one it ends up coming to that point. I tried to install the update on the 10th. I would be very greatful if you would help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Try rolling back the drivers in device manager. Expand Display Adapters and Right click the device...see if you can roll them back to previous versions... this applies to anything else you want to roll back.

0 Kudos