Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20691 Discussions

Xe Drivers and Latest Windows 11

HowardS
Beginner

Hello Guys,

There seems to be a conflict with Intel Xe drivers and latest Windows 11 update, i have tried latest Xe drivers and previous ones and after sometime using the laptop it just goes black a few times and reverts to an earlier version of Dell Xe drivers, i had to go to Dell website to use an older Xe driver from April or May to have the laptop work consistently.

Howard 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should be using the dell supplied driver for your laptop.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
HowardS
Beginner

This is what I'm currently using now, but been using Intel Drivers for almost a year since i bought the laptop and had no issues.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The problem is if you follow the Intel Instructions you will search for the i7 number and it will tell you to install 3767 or there abouts driver, that one will not install on a dell - just keeps crashing - nicely of course -- ok it just hangs the computer. 

once it is installed if you install the Intel Driver update program it will take you back immediately to 1140 driver or there abouts.  

If you leave it to Windows 11 it will install 1140. 

Once you have 1140 installed the Intel Update program will endlessly tell you to reload 1140.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Screenshot 2022-10-26 101936.png

3729 would not install I had to go back to 3616.  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you are installing on a laptop, there is the possibility that the laptop manufacturer is modifying the driver package to support special features of the laptop. For this reason, you should not install newer driver updates from the Intel site unless your manufacturer says it is ok to do so.

In a similar vein, you should not be installing Intel Driver and Support Assistant onto laptops as this could promote drivers that will cause problems for the laptop. Use only the driver packages from your laptop manufacturer (and which have been validated for your laptop). If newer packages are available from Intel, you should ask your laptop manufacturer if it is ok to install them (again, especially important for graphics drivers). BTW, some laptop manufacturers have update programs of their own that you can use (though they won't install drivers that haven't been validated).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

And hence the crashing.

0 Kudos