Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20723 Discussions

graphics driver help

TheRedLemon
Beginner

so i have a first gen suface pro and recently had it factory reset, and i cannot find the graphics driver anywhere. whenever i go to device manager and open the file location of the driver, it just does nothing. there is no gpu tab in task manager either. i have been trying for weeks to find a solution, but nothing works. help? (attached image is the only mention of the gpu i have seen in my system.)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, TheRedLemon.

Thank you for posting in our Community. 

It sounds like you've been dealing with quite a frustrating situation. I would like to know if you tried to install the Windows update via settings and run a check to see if it can automatically find and install the appropriate graphics driver for your Surface Pro. If that doesn't work, you can manually download and install the graphics driver from your OEM/System manufacturer.

Moreover, I would like to go a step further and confirm details such as processor, graphics models, drivers, and system errors. The Intel SSU tool can gather such details about your system configuration that may help me root cause of this issue.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, TheRedLemon.

I trust you're doing well.

I have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
fahimhabib2605
Beginner

It appears your Surface Pro first gen is having trouble recognizing the graphics driver post-factory reset. Try downloading and installing the latest driver from Microsoft or the manufacturer's website. If installation fails, try compatibility mode or system restore. If issues persist, contact Microsoft support.

0 Kudos