Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20705 Discussions

having Issues when playing games with intel iris xe graphic

Andika
Beginner

Hi, i just bought a new acer laptop with integrated intel iris Xe graphic card. i bought it for work and playing games. it worked perpectly for my job. but for gaming, it give me a headache.

currently i installed GENSHIN IMPACT and STRAY. the game run smoothly in medium graphic setting and i can achieve stabil FPS. but both of games face same issues, some weird glitch green polygon and strips flickering in the screen especially when there are grass. it make my gaming experience with my new laptop bad. give my eyes and head so much pain.  is intel iris xe not suitable for gaming? please help me fix this issue. thanks.

ill attach some video from my gameplay

my laptop spec are:

Processor: intel core i9

ram: 16GB

graphic card: integrated intel iris xe  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Andika,

Thank you so much for posting in our Intel communities.

We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Intel Iris XE, as glitches showed up when you played Genshin Impact and Stray.

In order for me to isolate the issue and provide you with the appropriate solution, please provide the following information:

• Did the game work fine before? 
  • Are they the only game that is having an issue?
  • Have you made any changes that led to the issue?
  • Have you already tried updating your graphics driver?
  • I do not have sufficient details about your hardware and software configuration to help you. Please run the SSU report so I can check important details such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc.
  • If you have taken any steps to fix this issue before contacting us, please give me those details so we don't repeat any unnecessary steps.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andika
Beginner

HI Carmona. thanks for your attention to my problem.  its really annoying when you buy new laptop for better gaming experience, but the laptop or the gpu failed you. here are my answers regarding your questions

• Did the game work fine before? -- when i bought the laptop, i directly installed genshin. and the problem occurs when i played for the first time.
  • Are they the only game that is having an issue?-- when genshin doesnt work visually, i installed Stray. but the problem still occur. stray work smoothly beside the visual glitch. the visual glitch different from genshin. in stray the glitch formed many black blinking dot. im not try any other games beside those two in this laptop
  • Have you made any changes that led to the issue?-- i made change to the graphic setting in genshin, i set it to the lowest setting. the glitch still occurs in the low or high setting. though the game run perfectly without any fps drop
  • Have you already tried updating your graphics driver?- currenlt i have installed newest graphic driver from intel version 31.0.101.5194

i  haven't taken any steps to fix the issue beside try to change graphic setting from the game. 

i have run the support utility and i attached the file below

Thanks Carmona, looking forward your next reply

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Andika,

Thank you so much for providing us with your SSU.

Upon further research, I found that your onboard graphics card does not meet some of the system requirements of the games that you wanted to play.

To further explain, in Genshin Impact and Stray, the minimum requirements for dedicated video RAM are 2048 MB, while Intel Iris XE only has 128 bits. This might be the reason why we are encountering glitches.

For more information about the Genshin Impact and Stray minimum requirements, you may check out the link below:

And for you to compare the Intel Iris Xe with the above game requirements, please check the link below:

However, we still wanted to provide you with the best possible gaming experience, therefore we are providing the links below to improve your gaming while using our Intel onboard graphics card:

Please know that we are happy to assist you if you have any additional queries or require clarification.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Andika,

We are checking in with you on the game issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Andika,

We are checking in with you on the game issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Andika,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos