Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

igdkmdn64.sys BSOD

Alex_Miranda
Beginner

When I reboot my computer it gets in a BSOD loop with the cause always being attributed to igdkmdn64.sys as a video_TDR_Failure. also when I launch certain games in fullscreen like Minecraft java edition or voices of the void the screen goes black with the backlight turning on and off but the computer still responds and there is sound being played, it doesn't go away will I close my laptop lid then open it back up after it's gone to sleep.

I can get my computer to work when I boot into my Windows 10 64bit repair CD and run startup diagnostics or whatever it's called then my computer will boot but it still has the problems. also, all my graphics card drivers should be up to date.

I have included my Intel SSU .txt file that I just generated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Boot in safe mode.

Roll back to previous Intel driver via device manager and check what happens.

Unless you uninstalled the previous driver.

Since Razer doesn't provide drivers on their website (!) you would have to grab it from Windows update

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=SUBSYS_10031A58

0 Kudos
Alex_Miranda
Beginner

i couldnt use the .cab file to do anything when I tried to update the drivers with it

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Alex_Miranda,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having Blue Screen of Death issues with your Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alex_Miranda
Beginner

i upaded my bios and mangament engine and installed the driver even though it complained the one I currently had was more up to date and it didn't fix my current problem of games in fullscreen getting stuck on a black screen

0 Kudos
Alex_Miranda
Beginner

Today i found my computer had restarted to install the latest windows update preview thing and it didn't bluescreen and the bluescrrening had stopped on subsequent restarts today but the other problem where when I go to fullscreen in the specified videogames it still had the screen go black but the blacklight isn't turning on and off occasionally. when I do the close and reopen lid it works.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Alex_Miranda,

Thank you for your response, happy to hear that the Blue Screen of Death issue is fixed.

Please answer the questions below related to the flickering issue:

• What graphics card do you have as primary? Do you have the same issue when using the other graphics card?
  • Take a video of the issue.
  • Does it happen with external monitors?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Alex_Miranda
Beginner

I'm using a laptop with the Intel iris plus being the one that drives the display as the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design doesn't drive the integrated display.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/9Vm1UjHALsv8 

this is the link to the video its available till the 29th.

to summarize it my computer goes into a black screen on any fullscreen game but not when the display is being duplicated on an external monitor.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Alex_Miranda,

Thank you for your answer, all the information provided has been really helpful. 

I will start an investigation to provide you with the next steps, as soon I have further questions I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Alex_Miranda
Beginner

thank you, sorry it took me so long to reply

0 Kudos
Alex_Miranda
Beginner

I have found recently that if the game is running in fullscreen at the same resolution as my monitor then the problem doesn't happen but when the resolutions are mismatched it happens

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Alex_Miranda,

We have been working on the investigation. Please answer the following questions and let us know the results:

• What is the external monitor's make and model?
  • What is the resolution the monitor works with?
  • Which are the resolutions the monitor does not work with?
  • Follow the steps of the article How to Set Games Full Screen While Using Intel® Graphics.
  • If the issue persists, follow the instructions below recommended by a 3rd party website:
    • On Windows 10 you open the settings app, go to display and near the bottom there is highlighted text that says "Advanced Display Settings". Click on the text and then under the monitor your game is on, it should say your Display Resolution and Refresh Rate (hz)
    • Then, open Minecraftgo into settings and then video settings (If you are using the Sodium mod you will need to press Shift+P to access the default Minecraft menu). At the top of video settings there should be a slider that says "Fullscreen Resolution:". Make sure the resolution and the framerate (the number after the @ symbol) is the same as what you saw in settings. (for example, if your resolution was 1920x1080 and your refresh rate was 60 then set Minecraft to 1920x1080@60)
    • You should now be able to use fullscreen comfortably. The problem here was that your game is trying to display more detail than your monitor can display.

Other solutions:

• Disable the "3D mode" display setting
    • Disable the "SLI mode"
    • Disable the "Stereoscopic 3D" feature

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Alex_Miranda,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.
Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos