Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

intel arc a770 le 16gb anno1800 game memory and graphics bugs

DanSun
New Contributor I

DX11DX11DX12DX12UP DX11

DOWN DX12

In DX11, graphics are not output normally as shown in the screenshot.
And DX12 uses more memory than GeForce and Radeon, and over time the game crashes due to memory issues.

More curious is that there is also a memory leak, but the 16 GB model often causes problems at 10 to 11 GB memory usage, so it seems that this part needs to be checked, especially for ray tracing related games.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanSun

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system, we will do our best to help you.  

In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information:  

• When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  
  • Is Resizable Bar enabled in the BIOS?  
  • Did you have any other graphics card installed previously?  
  • Is the game on its latest version? Are there any expansions?
  • Download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response. 

Regards,  

Carlos L.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

AMD CPU 5950X
AUSU 십자선 VII (Bios4901)X470 드라이버 4.11.15.342
램 32기가바이트
윈도우 11 22h2
인텔 아크 A770LE 16기가바이트 (31.0.101.4032)

크기 조정 막대 켜기

나는 Steam에서 게임을 얻었고 모든 DLC와 패치를 완료했습니다. 해상도는 1440P입니다.이 문제는 모든 운전자에게 발생하며 도시의 개발 수준이 높을수록 맵 전체의 개발 수준이 높을수록 발생 확률이 높아집니다.%엠세파스테빈%

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

AMD CPU 5950X
AUSU Crosshair vii (Bios4901)
X470 Drivers 4.11.15.342
Ram 32gb
Windows 11 22h2
intel ARC A770LE 16Gb (31.0.101.4032)
Resizable BAR On

I got the game from steam and have done all the DLC and patches. The resolution is 1440P.
This problem occurs in all drivers, and the higher the level of development in the city and the higher the level of development throughout the map, the higher the probability of occurrence.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanSun

Thank you for the information provided. In this case, I need to clarify a couple of things before continuing with my research: 

• Did you have any other graphics cards installed previously? If so, did you uninstall its drivers?
  • Do you have any issues with other games?

Regards,  

Carlos L.   

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

Radeon Vega 64 was previously installed, but I uninstalled it with the uninstaller recommended by AMD.

So, currently only ARC A770 LE 16GB is installed.

There were also problems with other games. In Sackboy: A Big Adventure, using ray tracing uses 9-11 gigabytes of GPU memory, and after that, a forced shutdown or blue screen occurs.

In my opinion, in the case of limited edition 16Gb products, using 9 to 10 gigabytes of memory seems to cause problems, and looking at YouTube videos of competitor games, it was confirmed that Intel Arc uses too high a memory usage rate.

It is also a problem that the memory usage rate is too high compared to GeForce and Radeon, but it seems to cause memory problems.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanSun

Thank you for the information provided.  I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanSun

Thank you for your time and all the information provided so far. In this case, I would like you to please help me with a couple of things:

1. Download this driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windows.html driver

Execute a Clean Installation During Driver Installation

1. Click the .exe to initiate the driver installation.
  2. Agree to the Intel Software License Agreement.
  3. Click the checkbox to Execute a clean installation.
    1. A clean installation removes all old drivers and restores Intel settings to the default value
  4. Click Start to begin the install.
  5. Reboot the system if prompted.

• Check the game after that.
  • If the issue persists, can you share an image or a video of the graphic artifacts.
  • Can you share a screenshot of the graphics settings?
  • Are there any other apps open when running the game?

I appreciate your help on this case.

Regards,  

Carlos L.   

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

Installing the driver again doesn't fix it
Both 4032 and 4034 have the same problem
The RAM is 32GB, so I only use 16GB for games.
The gpu uses more than 10 gigs of memory.
Seems like a gpu memory issue, is this unsolvable?
If a solution is impossible, reporting to me seems useless.
I'd rather use Radeon.aa.jpg

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanSun

I appreciate your update. We will do our best to help you. Just to clarify and to complete the information, we need to continue with our research: 

• Do you still have the same result in DX11? If so, can you share a screenshot?
  • Are there any other apps open when running the game?
  • Can you share a screenshot of the graphics settings?

Regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

Direct 11 uses less memory so there were no problems with cognitive memory.
However, if you compare the screenshots I provided at the beginning, you will see that the graphics are slightly misrepresented, unlike Direct12.
There were no separate apps running.

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

The graphics problem in Direct11 doesn't seem to happen with a small number of cities, but with a large number of cities.
In anno1800, if you go to the expansion city map on the colonial side, the graphics will be normal there.

For reference, in Direct 12, all graphics come out normally, but as the memory usage rate increases, the game informs you of a memory problem after several tens of minutes to several hours and the game is forcibly terminated.

The problems currently found through this game are as follows.
1. Excessive graphic memory usage problem when playing games with Direct 12 (It uses too much even compared to Radeon and GeForce. It uses about 1.5 to 2 times more.)
2. Incorrect graphics notation problem of unknown cause in game in Direct 11
3. Forced shutdown due to insufficient memory when using more than 10 to 12 gigabytes of memory in the 16gb limited edition

In particular, memory problems are a common problem in many games.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanSun,

Thank you for the update and explanation. I completely understand, now in order to continue with my research:

• Can you share a screenshot or video of the graphics settings?

Regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

aaw.jpg

bbw.jpg

Here is the screenshot you requested.

As a last suggestion, I would like to respond quickly by integrating Intel's graphics community into one and simplifying the process and procedures.

Each community responds very differently and it is difficult. There are so many issues I've found with Intel Arc so far.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Edition: Can't reach the main menu and force quit the game
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt: Ray tracing disabled
Forza Horizon 5: Game Forced Shutdown When Using Ultra Graphics Options (Only High)
LEGO® Builder's Journey: When using ray tracing, the game is forced to close at the next stage. When changing the FSR option, the graphics are broken.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition: Minor graphics errors in fonts
Portal with RTX: Impossible
Sackboy™: A Big Adventure: found noise on reflective spheres when using ray tracing and also forced shutdown due to excessive graphics memory usage
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION: When using the 4K Resolution Pack, if more than 8Gb of graphics memory is used, the game can no longer render and stops, and when using graphics options related to Nvidia technology, serious game performance degradation and forced shutdown problems. Slower and more unstable than Radeon.
KartRider: Drift on Steam: Forced termination after running the game due to Direct 11 compatibility issues

It seems that there will be no end to this together with anno 1800 game problems.

Korean users are very disappointed with Radeon and GeForce, so they are expecting a lot from the 2nd generation Battle Mage. I hope you succeed in stabilizing the drivers before the release of Battle Mage.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanSun

Thank you for the information, and we really appreciate your comments, we are working hard to help. I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanSun

I appreciate your patience. I would like to inform you that we have replicated this issue, and it is already assigned to our driver developer team for investigation, bug ID 18020762676. We can't commit to any outcome or ETA, so for now we need to wait for an update. If there is anything new, it will be listed in the driver release notes.

For now, would you like me to close this threat?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanSun,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanSun,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos