Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

should i update my Intel® UHD Graphics to intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows* ?!

sammanal95
Beginner

my laptop is MSI RAIDER GE77HX 
I was told i have a graphics update by intel support. I have a NVIDIA 3080ti graphics and Intel(R) UHD graphics on my laptop)

should i update my Intel UHD Graphics to intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows ?!
I'm only asking this because before updating I saw warning message says: "Installing this graphics driver from Intel will remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM)".
Also, they said under Intel UHD Graphics "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues."

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @sammanal95

Thank you for reaching out to Intel® communities. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concern.

Regarding software and drivers, Intel® offers generic versions. However, it's important to note that when it comes to laptops, the computer manufacturer (OEM) may have introduced alterations, customizations, or other changes to the standard features.

To ensure compatibility and avoid potential issues, we recommend using the drivers provided by the manufacturer. While updating to Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics – WHQL is generally safe, it is advisable to stick with OEM drivers due to their specific customizations.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @sammanal95

Thank you for reaching out to Intel® communities. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concern.

Regarding software and drivers, Intel® offers generic versions. However, it's important to note that when it comes to laptops, the computer manufacturer (OEM) may have introduced alterations, customizations, or other changes to the standard features.

To ensure compatibility and avoid potential issues, we recommend using the drivers provided by the manufacturer. While updating to Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics – WHQL is generally safe, it is advisable to stick with OEM drivers due to their specific customizations.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello sammanal95,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello sammanal95,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos