Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1679 Discussions

A750 extremely low performance with Lightroom Denoise

f16falcona46
Beginner

With the A750 desktop GPU, running Lightroom Denoise on a 24 megapixel image takes just over 9 minutes (9:01). This is extremely slow for a dedicated graphics card. In fact, it is easily beaten by my laptop's integrated Radeon Vega 7 graphics, which can do the same task in 3 minutes 23 seconds--nearly three times faster with less than a tenth of the TDP.

I am using driver 31.0.101.5084 with Lightroom Classic 13.1, on Windows 11.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello f16falcona46,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities regarding a performance problem with Lightroom Denoise. We want to let you know that Intel is currently working on a solution for the performance issue in that specific application. Unfortunately, we don't have an updated or estimated time for this, but rest assured that we are working on this problem. We will proceed to look into this matter internally, passing your information, and we will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
icpced
Beginner

Hello, me the same. Not with that very long time, but it's very annoying wait 40 seconds with that GPU and a little bit more with a very entry level alternatives... (RAWs from Canon 1Dx, 18Mpx)

I hope it is a software defect and I hope you can fix it as soon as possible, thank you

0 Kudos
f16falcona46
Beginner

With driver 31.0.101.5186, I now get about 45 seconds start to finish for a 24 MP image, similar to what icpced reported. It's on the slow side (even for cards of its price class), but much better than 9 minutes.

Edit: however, the GPU now makes a ticking sound when denoise is in progress. I am using a stock Limited Edition A750.

0 Kudos