Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

A770 stream Black Desert Online on discord flickering

CookTurtle
New Contributor I

There is a small problem bother me long time ago. That's when I use Discord Screen share the Black Desert Online the screen will flickering when I change to other windows. But other games are not happened. Beacuse my Discord using press to talk, so my Discord and Black Desert is run at administrator. And I try close Hardware acceleration in Discord the problem still not solve.The video below will show what happend when I stream BDO. In the video I show the BDO stream and Genshin Impact stream.But only BDO flickering , this video only test 2 games but I try so many games such as Monster Hunter World . Apex Legend . Euro Truck Simulator 2 . The Escapists 2 . Soulmask . ARK . GTAV .All of the game in my computer are not flickering. Is the problem cause by driver or the game?  

https://youtu.be/XAU60ytsTJw 

0 Kudos
25 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May we know if using Discord with BDO worked fine before? And have you already tried uninstalling and installing Discord? If not, please try to uninstall and install your Discord and check if the issue will still persist.

And also, please try a clean installation of your graphics driver using DDU.

If the issue still persists, please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

Every time when I update driver I always use DDU remove old driver and install new one. Discord has been reinstalled but the problem still not solve. Last year August the problem start happed until now.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for providing your SSU.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
MikeMark
Beginner

I have had the same issue not only with discord, but with Zoom as well.  I thought initially it was an issue with the camera. 

I have two cameras, one for personal use and one for business.  Both exhibited the same issue.

I tried all manners to get to a stable environment, but ultimately put in an older card for the time being.  I need for a new driver to be released.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello MikeMark,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

Please file a new case so that we can appropriately support you as well, as there will be differences between your device and CookTurtle.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
MikeMark
Beginner

Thank you very much for suggesting that I reach out to support.  Unfortunately, I have decided to move on from the A770 that I purchased in the fall.  The driver instability was driving me mad.  I could never get a driver that just worked.  I uninstalled the drivers, cleaned registries, and everything that I have learned in 30 plus years of IT support.  I even tried it in another machine that has never had intel drivers installed because the CPU was an "F" version.  I had the same result on 4K vs 1080p, and it did not matter if it was HDMI or display port.

I need my computer to do some light work and play the occasional game.  It seemed like neither worked for me.  I will monitor the situation and when a new driver gets released, I will attempt at that time.  

For now, my crash logs to Microsoft and to the games providers will have to do.  I just don't have anymore time to spend on troubleshooting.

I really wanted the A770 to work, because when it worked, it was comparable to the mid-range cards out there.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

We need to ask more questions from you to better help us assess the issue, so please provide the following information:

1) Did this happen out of the box, or was it working before and only now?

2) What digital platform are you playing this on? (e.g., Steam, Pearl Abyss, etc.)?

3) What are your game screen settings for Black Desert Online (e.g., resolution, fullscreen or fullscreen windowed mode, vsync on or off, etc.)?

4) Are you using a multiple-monitor setup?

5) Are Discord and Windows updated to the latest version (no pending updates to install)?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

1.I bought this card at 2023/05 but at that time I have other problem at this card but they almost solve now. This is the last problem annoy me(I hope) so I post this. This flickering problem start at 2023/08 but this is a small problem so I did not keep in my mind. But now my frequency of Discord stream has increased. So this problem is annoy so much.

2.I play BDO at PearlAbyss platform

3.I play BDO at 1920X1080@144HZ

4.I only have 1 screen PHILIPS 272E1GJ

5.My discord version always latest and Windows version too. I even try reinstall Windows by USB ISO not recover feature.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for providing the details that we need.

We will now further investigate our issue and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

To further clarify the situation, please provide the following information:

1. Which web browser is being utilized to run IDSA?

2. Has there been an attempt to use alternate browsers to determine if the issue is browser-specific? If not yet, try using different browsers. 

3. Has IDSA been uninstalled and reinstalled? If this hasn't been tried, we recommend a clean uninstallation to isolate the issue. For reference, you can check out our How to Uninstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) article. 

By the way, manually updating the graphics driver is a viable alternative while we address the IDSA concern. We acknowledge the inconvenience caused and are committed to resolving the IDSA issue promptly. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

If the IDSA full name called "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" my IDSA is run by Google Chrome but I think that is not the reason to make my stream flickering. Because I always use IDSA to check there is or not have new version driver. For me the IDSA is a way to check the driver version. I only open IDSA when exclamation mark display and for me it just like to tell me "there is a new driver version don't forget to download it". And I will download the .exe file by browser and keep the file in my computer. And when the IDSA take me to download page I always not allowed IDSA install the driver by itself. I always use DDU uninstall driver first. And run the driver .exe file in my download folder. And install the driver by myself.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  CookTurtle,

Please disregard my earlier post, and thank you so much for your response.

I really apologize for posting the incorrect response. Let me make it up to you.

Here's the correct response for our thread.

We've introduced a new update for the Arc graphics driver, version 31.0.101.5379. Could you please try this update and let us know if it makes any difference?

And regarding your streaming activities, do you usually stream other games on Discord at 1080p and 60 fps, with the game settings adjusted to 1080p and 144 Hz?

Furthermore for Black Desert Online, if you limit the frame rate to 60 fps within the game and stream it on Discord, do you notice any flickering issues?

And if you continue playing Black Desert Online at 1080p/144 Hz but change your Discord stream settings to 30 fps, does the flickering still occur?

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

I update driver version to 5379 and lock my black desert at 60fps and the problem still not solve. At same time I buy a new 2K screen Gigabyte GS27Q and the problem is still not solve too. 

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for the response.

We understand that you have tried to update your driver version to 5379 and lock your black desert at 60 fps, but the problem still persists. At the same time, you have bought a new 2K-screen Gigabyte GS27Q, and the problem still persists.

We truly appreciate the updates and the troubleshooting steps that you have performed. I'll let our engineers know regarding them.

However, is it possible that you may provide the answer to the following questions as well? as they are also relevant for us to continue our investigation.

1. Regarding your streaming activities, do you usually stream other games on Discord at 1080p and 60 fps, with the game settings adjusted to 1080p and 144 Hz?

2. If you continue playing Black Desert Online at 1080p/144 Hz but change your Discord stream settings to 30 fps, does the flickering still occur?

Again, we look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

1.I always use 1080P 144HZ play all games and stream 1080P 60HZ at Discord

2.Yes use 1080P 30HZ stream it still flickering

And I say I change a new screen so I use 2560X1440 play all games now. And same situation stream Black Desert flickering even use 1440P 30FPS or 60FPS 1080P 30FPS 60FPS at Discord stream are all flickering

Update driver to 5382 not solve.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you for the information provided.  

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  CookTurtle,

I have raised our case with our engineers, and they asked me to gather the following information from you since it will be our senior engineers this time that will further investigate our case.

By the way, I have already provided some of the details: Just kindly fill out the missing ones, then double check those that I have already provided.

Minimum Requirements Link:

Distribution Service (example: Steam, Origin, Epic, Xbox GamePass, and Ubisoft Connect): PearlAbyss platform

Resolution (1920x1080, 3840x2160): 1920x1080@144HZ

Graphic Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra): 

Vsync (on/off): 

Window Display Configuration (Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Windowed): 

Are you using HDMI or DP to connect either the monitors to the Arc GPU?

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

Distribution Service (example: Steam, Origin, Epic, Xbox GamePass, and Ubisoft Connect): PearlAbyss platform

Resolution (1920x1080, 3840x2160): 2560x1440@170HZ

Graphic Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra):High

Vsync (on/off):on

Window Display Configuration (Fullscreen, Windowed, or Borderless Windowed):Borderless Windowed

Are you using HDMI or DP to connect either the monitors to the Arc GPU? DP

ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for the response.

We will investigate this further and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Please try changing this in Discord before launching the game for a possible solution:

1) Go to Discord's settings (gear icon).

2) Locate under "App Settings" the "Voice & Video" tab.

3) Scroll further down on the right side, under "Screen Share," and look for the option "Use our advanced technology to capture your screen." Turn it off.

4) Launch the game, stream it on Discord, and check again.

Please let us know the result.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos