Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1703 Discussions

A770 stream Black Desert Online on discord flickering

CookTurtle
New Contributor I

There is a small problem bother me long time ago. That's when I use Discord Screen share the Black Desert Online the screen will flickering when I change to other windows. But other games are not happened. Beacuse my Discord using press to talk, so my Discord and Black Desert is run at administrator. And I try close Hardware acceleration in Discord the problem still not solve.The video below will show what happend when I stream BDO. In the video I show the BDO stream and Genshin Impact stream.But only BDO flickering , this video only test 2 games but I try so many games such as Monster Hunter World . Apex Legend . Euro Truck Simulator 2 . The Escapists 2 . Soulmask . ARK . GTAV .All of the game in my computer are not flickering. Is the problem cause by driver or the game?  

https://youtu.be/XAU60ytsTJw 

0 Kudos
34 Replies
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, when I turn off the "Use our advanced technology to capture your screen." and restart discord to stream it still flickering.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle, 

Thank you so much for the update.

I'll let our engineers know regarding the result of the steps that we have provided to you.

By the way, thank you so much for the time and effort you took to perform the troubleshooting steps that we have provided. We will look deeper into our case and again post the response on this thread once it is available.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Again, thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We have noticed that your OBS is open. May we know if you have tried to close OBS by just streaming on Discord?

And also, have you updated to the latest Arc driver, 101.5445? If not, kindly install it.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

I open OBS just record the situation to make you know. How were flickering happened. Almost all of the discord stream time the OBS was closed.

My driver always update to latest version so now I'm using 5445.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for your patience as we keep on investigating the root cause of the issue. 

We sincerely appreciate that you followed through with our recommendations, and we are truly sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Again, we will conduct additional investigation and post the response on this thread when it is available.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting for our response.

We have our new release Arc driver 101.5448; please try to install it by using DDU first, then check if the issue persists.

Furthermore, to further isolate and fix the issue, kindly provide and perform the following:

1. May we know what the exact model of your monitor is? And have you already tried other display connection combinations from the GPU (3 DPs, 1 HMDI) to monitor (does it have other HDMI ports or DP ports) and probably other display cables other than what is currently being used to further isolate the case? 

2. When you reinstalled Windows, did you test it with only the Arc driver, Black Desert, and Discord installed and no other applications just to make sure there were no conflicts with other programs or applications?

3.) Have you confirmed if the ISO used to reinstall Windows is a good copy? since we have encountered Windows installing properly, but due to some corruption with the installer, we came up with random issues. A known-good Windows copy solved the issue. If possible, can you try re-downloading and verifying a new copy of Windows?

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

The problem still occurs when I update to 5448.

1.Main screen Gigabyte GS27Q another screen PHILIPS 272E1GJ. I use DP to connect Gigabyte GS27Q and use HDMI to connect PHILIPS 272E1GJ. The screens will flicker when I play Black Desert and share the game screen from Black Desert using Discord at the same time. The same situation occurs when I play Black Desert on both screens.

2.After the OS been reinstall the screen are not flickering at first and after couple of week the problem will occur again. At these time I was not install any new application. The problem will occur by itself.

3.Yes, the install file download from Microsoft Windows Install Media and both 2 times I always format the USB and rebuild a new install stick by windows install media.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle,

Thank you so much for the detailed response, and we are sorry to hear that despite your attempts at every troubleshooting step, our issue still remains.

Since the issue still occurs, we will use the details you have provided to help us look into it more thoroughly in the hopes that we will soon determine the root cause of the problem.

By the way, thank you so much for your patience. I'll post the update on this thread once it is available.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle, 

To check, when we recommended you set the monitor to 60 Hz, was it still setup as a dual monitor or a single monitor at the time? 

If you try using only one of the monitors in a setup, what happens? If you haven't tried it, please do. 

Additionally, if it's feasible, try setting both monitors to 60 Hz and see what happens. Please let us know the results.

By the way, your patience and understanding were truly appreciated.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

At first time you let me check use 60HZ setting on screen is single screen test. At that time I didn't buy my second screen yet.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have answers to our questions so we can further investigate the issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle, 

I understand that you have only tried one monitor, and the issue persists at that time. 

Is it possible for you to try setting two monitors to 60 Hz and see what happens? 

Kindly inform us of the outcome. I look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
CookTurtle
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, same result. Both screen use 60HZ the play game screen still flickering when I share the screen at Black Desert game play.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello CookTurtle, 

We greatly appreciate your response; it is highly noted.

I'll let our engineers know about your response so they can provide us with additional advice on what to do next.

And I will get back to you as soon as I have their update.

Again, thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos