Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1679 Discussions

ARC a770 strange issues

Kenny88
Beginner

Two months ago, I finished my all Intel 13900k/A770 build (full specs below)

Right away, I noticed a strange issue with my Razer Viper Ultimate mouse as it would slow down as if mouse speed or DPI changed while opening files and especially while opening any type of video file.  I tried a Logitech el-cheapo mouse and the problem seemed to either mitigate or go away completely. 

Additionally, even while JUST in the BIOS, response seems to lag behind pressing keys like up/down arrow in the menu.  Right now, I'm assuming that it's related to my razer black widow keyboard, but I have not tested it.  I assume this because I'm also experiencing odd issues with the keyboard while typing (like now).

It's important to note that if I put in my old RTX3070, there are no issues.

Since the last driver update 31.0.101.4314, the issues remain and have caused a new problem.  My PC is now EXTREMELY slow to boot.  I can sometimes see a message about VBIOS on the screen, but haven't been able to capture it thus far.  It's as if the MSI motherboard is having issues initializing the A770.  

I can (but don't really want to due to bitlocker) put back in the RTX3070 - but I'm certain the PC will boot just fine and the problem remains with the A770.

I was hoping the issue would go away with successive driver updates, but the mouse/keyboard  remains an issue.  With this new issue, I've decided to post something more formal.  Right now, I'm dealing with it and I don't want to pull out the A770, but I'm fearful that I will have to if the boot issue gets worse.

i9-13900K (iGPU is enabled)

MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7D91)

64GB GSkill trident Z 6400 DDR5

Crucial P5+ 2TB, Crucial MX500 4TB SSD, 2x Samsung 8TB SSD

Intel Arc A770 Limited edition 16GB VRAM

NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm AIO

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenny88

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing slowdowns and lagging issues with your I/O devices.

Please let's try the following:

• Make sure that Resizabe Bar is enabled on your system.
  • Uninstall the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and also uninstall the previous NVIDIA driver that was installed on the system. Once uninstalled, download and update to the driver version 31.0.101.4335.

If the issue persists, share with us the following information:

• What type of connection are you using HDMI or DP? Are you using any type of video adapter?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it you your response.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Kenny88
Beginner

Resizable bar has been enabled since the very beginning and I always DDU manually or check the box when updating the drivers via Intel Driver & support assistant.  So, I really doubt that's an issue.

Right now, it's using DP but I'm fairly certain that I've had HDMI hooked up to it at some point while swapping back and forth between my RTX3070 and the A770.  Once again, RTX3070 = no boot issue and no odd slowdown of the mouse when opening files.

As for the boot issue, I can see that others are also having issues/UEFI identification problems so I'm sure Intel is hot on that issue.  My issue, however, is likely frustratingly difficult and to see it, you may actually have to build a system at Intel that matches exactly what I have to see what's going on.  It's very, very odd and seems to be an interaction between Razer Viper Ultimate mouse/Black Widow v3 Pro.  However, I did mention that using a Logitech mouse mitigates or removed the issue.  I actually went back and forth with Razer at the beginning, but they were only interested in exchanging my peripherals and not troubleshooting the problem so I gave up on them.

All that said, the A770 has been extremely stable for me.  No crashes or other issues besides this one that I've noticed.

SSU log is attached.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenny88

Thank you for the information. Please share a short video of this lagging issue with the mouse and keyboard so we can have a better understanding of the problem.

Also, let's try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Update your BIOS to the latest version. Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website to download the latest version of the BIOS which seems to be 7D91vH5. Once the BIOS is updated reset the BIOS settings to defaults.
  • Disable the integrated GPU Intel UHD Graphics 770 from the device manager or BIOS and test only the Intel® Arc™ A770 GPU.
  • Check if the same issue happens with a different keyboard.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenny88

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Kenny88
Beginner

Hello Hugo,

First, I want to thank you for the diligent effort you and your team have put forth in this forum.  It gives me more faith in my overly confident stock investment in Intel.

I haven't done much with this new build as I've been busy with other things, but when attempting to get a video for you - I noticed that it no longer exists.  There has been at least one Synapse update and at least one ARC driver update since I first posted, so there is no easy way to determine which one corrected/mitigated the issue and I can no longer get it to occur.  

That said, I was able to capture the message my MSI motherboard tosses out when rebooting and it's attached.  Hopefully, your team is hard at work with this and will solve it soon as I feel it may cause undue concern to new users.

Thanks again for the effort!

0 Kudos
Kenny88
Beginner

Forgot the photo. .attached.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenny88

It is great the issue with the mouse and keyboard got fixed. In regards to the error message you are sharing, it could be related to an issue with the GPU's firmware, please check the following article:

Boot Issue with Intel® Arc™ A750 or A770 Graphics Card

The issue affects GPUs with firmware 20.1049.0, please check on your Intel® Arc™ Control > System Information menu, and if the firmware is different share a screenshot with us so we can further research this.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenny88

Please let us know if you need further assistance with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Kenny88

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos