Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1705 Discussions

Arc A770 graphic issue Sons of the Forest

Sebastian-d-h
Beginner

Hi. I've got a new built PC, with the Arc A770OC
When playing, the picture gets broken. Please see picture/video
They who built it has sent me a new Graphics card, but the issue remains. Is the card not supported by the game? Help is appreciated. Thank you.

Sparcle Intel Arc A770 TITAN OC
Intel Core i5-12600KF
Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 3200MHz 32GB

Kingston NV2 NVMe SSD 1TB
MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WIFI DDR4 Mainboard
MSI MAG A650GL 650W PSU

Windows 11

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sebastian-d-h, 

Since the device has been replaced it is best to check and troubleshoot your system first to determine if the issue is with A770 or a bug from the game. Kindly please share the following details so we can further isolate the issue: 

1. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility located at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html.
    1. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a .txt file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.
  2. Is the issue present with other games as well?
  3. Please send us a screenshot of your game settings 
  4. What is the display configuration of your system?
  5. When did this issue started? 
  6. Have you made any changes before the issue occurred? If you do, kindly please indicate if it is a software or a hardware change.
  7. Are there any steps that you have taken to troubleshoot the issue? 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian-d-h
Beginner

Hello Ramyer, and thank you for your reply. 

1. Done. uploaded the txt file. 

2. Yes. But majority in Sons of the Forest.
3. Uploaded in-game settings

4. LG 27" Ultragear 27GR95QE. Resolution 2560x1440 239Hz refreshrate. HDR

5. It started at day one.

6. None I can remember. I turned the system on, and after installing the game, the problem occurred after about 10 minutes of playtime.

7. Steps taken: When I received the Newly built System by Komplett.no, I contacted them right away, and we tried another monitor, another PSU and my old graphics card from Nvidia. GTX1080 OC. With my old graphics card i have no flickering. New monitor and a new cable did no difference. Issue remains. PSU no difference.

When i First got the system, i used a ASUS (21:9) 3440 x 1440. I then after 4 days of trying to find the cause of the screen issues changed both the Cable and monitor to an LG 27" Ultragear 27GR95QE. Resolution 2560x1440 239Hz refreshrate. First withoud HDR, then with HDR. Problem persisted.

Thank you so much for looking into this. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sebastian-d-h,

Upon checking your SSU logs, I noticed you graphics driver can be updated to the latest version. Kindly please try updating them to version 31.0.101.5186_101.5234 WHQL Certified instead. You may download it at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/134590/intel-core-i512600kf-processor-20m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz/downloads.html

If the issue persists, kindly please send us these additional information instead:  What other games is experiencing this issue? When you lower down the refresh rate of your system, does the issue still persists? Kindly please conduct a Direct X diagnostic by following these steps: 

• Click Start >Type DxDiag in the search box and click DxDiag when it displays. > Click Save All Information

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian-d-h
Beginner

Hello again, and thank you for your response. 

It says I already have this driver version. Please see attached picture. Should I try to override this somehow? I got this system built for me by Komplett. The Intel update app that came with the PC always says it's up to date. 
I'm experiencing this issue in Sons of the Forest only.
In Civlization VI i've experinced 2 crashes. And a extremely high Coil Whine when playing. Not sure that is due to the graphics card however.
i'm not sure how to adjust refresh rate. Could you elaborate? 
I just discovered I had to download the Comand center, is this where i do the tuning of refresh rate?

Komplett has sugested to download a MOD for the game, "Sons of the Forest" called Vulcan, to avoid DirectX11 that SOTF is using. This is not a proven mod however. What is your stands on this?

Thanks again for your help and knowledge.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sebastian-d-h

Apologies for the delay in my response. Since you already have the driver version, there is no need to overwrite it. For now, it is best if we continue working on this case internally to figure out why the crash occurs. I will make sure to keep this thread posted as well for updates.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sebastian-d-h,

Apologies for the delay in our response as we really have tried to replicate this issue for you. However, upon testing driver version 31.0.101.5333 and 31.0.101.5330 we were not able to find any issues in the game.

Regarding the sound that you are hearing, we can confirm that it is indeed a coil whine. This usually happens when the graphics card is running a workload at a high frame rate. Even if you can hear the noise, this should not damage the card or affect functionality. This can happen on other graphics card products depending on components and design, but there are steps that can be taken to reduce the sound intensity. Some of these are the following:

• Capping the FPS to the refresh rate of the monitor or lower
  • Enabling V-Sync
  • Double checking the power supply efficacy
  • Reduce GPU throttling/overclocking

However, if the sound is too loud, I highly recommend contacting your GPU manufacturer for assistance to further diagnose your Sparkle Intel Arc A770 TITAN OC.

0 Kudos
DavidSelucky
Novice

SotF works well on my a770 LE (driver 5333). The problem is fps drops (15-20 fps) near rocks, caves, etc. I expect better optimization in future drivers.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Sebastian-d-h,

Thank you for waiting.

Our findings indicate that the graphics driver version 31.0.101.5522 may rectify the issue. We kindly ask you to proceed with updating to this driver version and share your results with us. Prior to the update, please ensure a clean installation by using DDU. Your feedback is valuable, and we await your response.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Sebastian-d-h
Beginner
Thank for your reply. However we've replace the cards twice without success and returned the cards and swapped it for a Nvidia card instead.
0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Sebastian-d-h,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Sebastian-d-h,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos