Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1658 Discussions

Arc A770 new V-Bios with Driver Version 31.0.101.4644

Darklegion1978
New Contributor I

I have seen, that after installing the new WHQL Driver 31.0.101.4644, also a new V-Bios was installed on the Card.

The old V-Bios was 20.1053.0 and now the Arc Control Center shows a Version of 20.1064.0

I can find nothing about it in the release notes. 

Can someone pls tell me whats changed, differences, why the V-Bios was updated?

Thanks a lot and Greetings

Roman

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steve771
Novice

just curious, do you have any problems with this driver set and vbios update?  After installing, all my games are crashing.  Anything i open takes a few seconds and loads webpages extremely slow.  When moving a window around it stutters, it was smooth before.  Also in my task manager, it's using way more cpu time and not reporting the usage correctly.  

0 Kudos
Darklegion1978
New Contributor I

No problems so far.

Games startingand running normal as before. 

Also no issues with Websites or the cpu time.

But i had to restart Windows 2 times, before the new Driver and Arc Control Center works properly.

The first restart no System Information was shown in Arc Control Center, also all Settings are set to default values.

After the 2nd restart it works like before with the Control Center.

I´m using Windows 11 with latest Insider Preview Build 23521

Greetings

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darklegion1978,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see that you are having were not able to find what changed, what differences, and why the V-Bios were updated, I understand how important is for you to know that, I will be happy to help you.  

I will start with an investigation of this request, as soon I have further information I will let you know.

@Steve771 please post a new question as your request is different from the one related to this thread.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darklegion1978,

Thank you for your time.

I have been working on the investigation to provide you with accurate information, at this moment we are not sharing details about the firmware update. We strongly recommend updating the driver and applying the firmware update to fix issues and improve the performance of the product.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
mik2
Beginner

@Darklegion1978 wrote:

I have seen, that after installing the new WHQL Driver 31.0.101.4644, also a new V-Bios was installed on the Card.

The old V-Bios was 20.1053.0 and now the Arc Control Center shows a Version of 20.1064.0

I can find nothing about it in the release notes. 

Can someone pls tell me whats changed, differences, why the V-Bios was updated?

Thanks a lot and Greetings

Roman

it also upgrades the firmware on some Intel Arc graphics cards. This latest version brings stability improvements, better fan behavior, bug fixes, and better compatibility with HDMI connections.

https://game.intel.com/story/intel-arc-graphics-game-on-driver-madden-nfl-24-wayfinder/

0 Kudos
lorvar
New Contributor I
"Better fan behaviour" ... Ask the Bifrost owners like myself about the erratic behaviour of the fan after the firmware flash.... With no fix in sight.
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darklegion1978,

Were you able to check the previous post? Remember that we are not sharing details about the firmware update at this moment.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Darklegion1978
New Contributor I

Thanks a lot for your Answer @Andres_Intel 

Bad that you roll out an FW Update, but you can say nothing about it.

Never heared that before from any other Brand.

Sorry but thats horrible.

And after this Sentence

"I have been working on the investigation to provide you with accurate information, at this moment we are not sharing details about the firmware update. We strongly recommend updating the driver and applying the firmware update to fix issues and improve the performance of the product."

You should think about to "not roll out the FW Update", so many people have issues now with different cards. But you strongly recommend it?

Perfect and Thx

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Darklegion1978,

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate all the comments and information provided for us it is really important and helpful.

For now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos